This question has been flagged
6 Replies

My current situation is this, say I create one parent company in my contacts list, and this one company has multiple shipping addresses. However, all these shipping addresses have the same invoicing address. My question is: Is there a way to have all these shipping addresses have the same invoicing address because every time I assign a invoicing address to a shipping address, it treats it treats the invoicing address as a new contact rather then keeping them all directed at one invoicing address.

This is the Odoo 10.0+e (Enterprise Edition) that I am working with.

Discard

The problem about that is I wish to select the shipping address as a customer. When I select the shipping address as a customer, it shows the shipping address and the invoicing address as the same. This happens even when the parent company has a invoicing address along with all the shipping addresses.

What I wish to have is when I select a shipping address as a customer, it will list it's own location as the shipping address while referring to the parent company as the invoicing address.

I'm in odoo 10 as well and I guess I have kind of the same problem. I'm working on invoice report and I'm trying to add invoicing address and shipping address to it. So I created a parent company with its address, then I created an invoicing address and shipping address in Contacts/Addresses tab that are different. When I print my report my shipping address is the same as company address. I guess because I'm using wrong IDs:

<strong>Shipped Address:</strong>

<div t-if="o.partner_shipping_id.parent_id">

<span t-field="o.partner_shipping_id.parent_id"/>

</div>

<div t-field="o.partner_shipping_id.name"/>

<div t-field="o.partner_shipping_id.street"/>

<div t-field="o.partner_shipping_id.street2"/>

<div t-field="o.partner_shipping_id.street3"/>

<div>

<span t-field="o.partner_shipping_id.city"/><span t-if="o.partner_shipping_id.state_id.code">, </span><span t-field="o.partner_shipping_id.state_id.code"/> <span t-field="o.partner_shipping_id.zip"/>

</div>

Please let me know if you figure out the way to handle your issue.

I have the same issue. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!!! It seems Odoo is backwards from other systems and I am haveing A LOT of trouble trying to figure out how to enter my customers. The only way I've found to make this work it to duplicate the invoice address on all 10 delivery addresses.... this is not an acceptable solution! If my invoice address were to change, I would have to change it 10 times. Sales needs to pick delivery address and customer and then invoice address and parent should populate from what they have picked... is there any way for Odoo to do this?

Best Answer

Will this work?

1. Create the Parent Company.

2. Create the Invoice Address on the Contacts/Addresses tab of the Parent Company.

3. Create all the Shipping addresses on the Contacts/Addresses tab of the Parent Company.

4. Sell to the Parent Company, deliver to the Shipping address, and the Invoice address will be shown automatically.

Discard

No. This does not work. If the sales team gets a call, they know the delivery address and contact. If they enter this on the sales quote, it just copies the same information to the next two feilds regardless of what is set up on the parent company.

You should check that you have the correct Contact TYPE. I just checked this again and if you setup "RAY" with "RAY's WAREHOUSE" as a Delivery Address and "RAY's BEAN COUNTER" as an Invoice Address, then "RAY' is the contact on the first line, "RAY's BEAN COUNTER" is the contact on the second line and "RAY's WAREHOUSE" is the contact on the last line.

Best Answer

So to make things work I went to Sales->Configuration->Settings and in Quotation and Sales I switched from Invoicing and shipping addresses are always the same (Example: services companies) to Display 3 fields on sales orders: customer, invoice address, delivery address

Discard