This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Let's say a question has been asked but closed by a moderator. The asker edits to improve his question. The asker does not have the authority (karma) to re-open the question. How can the asker request that a moderator consider re-opening the question?

Discard

Just open a new question :)

Author

Sounds rude but ok. Would you like to move your comment to an answer?

Best Answer

Do not open a new question; this pollutes the site. Just leave a comment on your question explaining the change that you have made to try to save your question from the abyss. The moderator will get a notification (just like for any questions he has been involved with).

Discard
Best Answer

Just open a new question :)

if you edited your question and think that your new question is compatible with site rules, there is nothing wrong about asking it again. I do not think that this will pollute the site.

People should not ask for permission from moderators to ask question.

It is always good to understand site rules by reading FAQ.

Discard

Ahmet, you cannot possibly argue that re-posting the SAME question that has been closed by a moderator is a good practice, come on. And in the case there was a modification, re-creating a question for every change is just pollution: imagine it requires 3 changes from the asker to get his question properly written, we are going to end up with 3 closed question and a fourth correct one. My recommendation is much cleaner especially considering there is a notification system.

Fabrice, What I am saying is that they should read the FAQ and ask a compatible version of the question. If such a question is not OK with the site rules they will see in in the FAQ and go to the google communities. Your option will lead to a permission argument and a begging for approval, It will consume moderator time and new users time. People are not stupid to ask the same question over and over.