This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello,

We consider start working with Odoo. But we have some doubts;

We have an 900 items export with 5 pictures each items (link to our ftp-server) from our existing webshop, we can import in several other systems. Is it possible to easy import this export, including all the images?

We have to add over 100 models a month, we update daily our webshop(2 hours work), with a daily export live is more easy.

Thnx Hans   

Discard

@H.A. Heijkoop, I'm also looking for a solution to this issue. Unfortunately it's not a core feature in 8.0 (ie. default image + image gallery), however it would be possible to do if a custom module was built to add the functionality. In that the base frontend modules have only just been released (ie. CMS/E-commerce modules) I think it may take some time before the community releases a module to add the feature. I'll post back here if I have more information.

Hello Luke,

Thanks for your reply,

I have not decided yet the ERP system we gonna use, Odoo can implement and configure the whole system for less than € 10.000,-(this is for the first year) and for this money I think(I hope) they are able to add this functionality. We are selling cases for Smartphone and tablet, and it is very important to show more pictures then only one. Also I want to use the ERP software to make a feed (export) for Google shopping and feeding webshops from our distributors. We add sometimes over 50 models a week, these models should be automatically updated to all other shops, customers and google shopping. We have this functionality ready now with the Seoshop platform. This platform is only a good quality webshop without warehousing. As our business is growing fast now we need asap ERP software.

If you like; choose a case for your smartphone on our website www.zenuscase.eu when you mail me the model and delivery address I will send this case for free.

Best regards Hans Heijkoop    

Van: Luke [mailto:luke-weairsoft-com@mail.odoo.com]
Verzonden: woensdag 24 septembe
r 2014 05:57
Aan: Hans Heijkoop
Onderwerp: Re: Is it possible import from webshop including 5 pictures each item

@H.A. Heijkoop, I'm also looking for a solution to this issue. Unfortunately it's not a core feature in 8.0 (ie. default image + image gallery), however it would be possible to do if a custom module was built to add the functionality. In that the base frontend modules have only just been released (ie. CMS/E-commerce modules) I think it may take some time before the community releases a module to add the feature. I'll post back here if I have more information.

--
Luke
Sent by OpenERP S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post Is it possible import from webshop including 5 pictures each item

Idem here! We often have 10 or 15 pictures for the same product.

@H.A. Heijkoop @Pascal Tremblay, I hope to have a first version of the module in the answer below working with a slideshow/carousel using WOWslider this afternoon. I'll try to post back here once i've got something workable. Please note that I have not yet implemented adequate security features to the module so I would not recommend using it in production yet. I'll create a stable branch later on once I have added some more features and functionality to it. Please feel free to comment back if you have any suggestions on improvements to the module.

Best Answer

I've begun work on a module for adding multiple product images to a product for use on the frontend of the website:

https://github.com/OdooCommunityWidgets/website_multi_image

Currently it is in the early stages of development. I am working on features in the dev-... branches and pushing them to master at various milestones in the development process.

Please feel free to comment back with any feature requests or suggestions for improvements if you would like to use the module.

Discard

[UPDATE]: I have finished the first alpha version of the module. The functionality includes "Synced OwlSliders" (ie. two sets of owlsliders on one page synced to each other) to provide the functionality expected from current e-commerce industry-standard product view page galleries. This is currently active in the dev-image-carousel branch of the module, however it will be pushed to an 8.0 branch shortly.