This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hello, 

We are a US country who only does business in the US or Canada.  Is is frustrating to have to set a country on customer, vendor and contact forms. I personally believe it looks amateurish when other states and countries populate.  Is there a way to either: 

1) Delete countries I do not use?

2) Set the US as the default country on everything so only US States are suggested? 

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

What you can do is that you can set default value for the specified field. Suppose if your customers are more from US, in the country field just set it as the default value, so that you don't need to choose it all the time.

See this video and see how to set default value for a field from user interface in developer mode: How To Set Default Value For A Field in Odoo 

Rather than looking to delete countries you can try the above method or just keep those countries as inactive by setting active as False if possible.

Thanks

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you both for your response.   I was able to set the default country on the contact forms. 

Could you tell me specifically where I can see a list of countries so I could set them as inactive?

Discard
Best Answer
country_id = field.char(default='name country')in the table "res_country_state"
Discard