This question has been flagged
12 Replies

Hi,

Is there a way to get reminders for a scheduled phone call?

The calls do not show up in the calendar, neither do they set off Email reminders, so it seems slightly noneffective to have to go back and keep checking what you have scheduled (as well as the need to go somewhere else to see meetings, etc.)

EDIT: I see this is similar to this question, with the difference being in how the reminder is being gotten.

The point however is the same.

Discard
Best Answer

You can do it with the following setup:

1. Create a new E-Mail Template image description

2. Create a new Server Action which uses the template to send a mail image description

3. Create an Automated Action which calls the Server Action 2 hours before a phonecall image description

image description

Thats it!

Discard
Best Answer

For anyone else struggling with this for Odoo 9, Andreas's answer works but you need to replace references to 'email.template' with 'mail.template' in the python code. 

Discard
Best Answer

You may configure any sort of alarms (emails and notifications) for any Odoo objects. Have a look at the section "Special Feature" at this page: https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/9.0/joint_calendar/

Discard
Best Answer

I have made module  reminder_phonecall 

It adds Reminders field to phonecall form, which works the same as in Calendar/Events. You can select "15 min notif", "1 day notif", "1 hour mail" etc. So, you can easily get instant or mail reminder (or both).

Also, it creates Calendar Event. So, you can use Calendar as a agenda.

The module is based on reminder_base, which can be applied to any model with Date field. E.g for Next Action in opportunity: reminder_crm_next_action

Discard

Hi Ivan. Your module sounds good. How can I buy it?

Dale, you can by modules at odoo app store. Contact odoo support team, if you have problems with that.

Best Answer

hello,

I've tried these steps but I didn't receive the reminder

Why can be?

Regards

Discard

I have been for a while creating automated actions (for meetings and phone calls too) and still doesnt work. So, there are 2 possibilities: 1: Is missing something to me, 2: This simple and important feature doesn't work. Hope is first! To create an automated action i follow the next steps: 1 - Gateway (out): Check; 2 - User Email - Check; 3 - Create an action and an automated action (Action Type: E-mail)- Check. 4 - Again; 5 - And Again; 6 - This should be less complicated... :|

If you used the python server action o send an email, you should paramter outgoing email server on the email template your using, it's on the advanced tab.

Best Answer

I solved this problem in slightly different way.

there is a button Schedule a Meeting

Just replaced a Schedule Other Call with a Button (Schedule a meeting renamed to Schedule a call) which allow you create an event so once you set a new event you will get a notification on the screen and by email :)

:)

Is not perfect but ... ;)

Discard
Best Answer

I saw thath the system time in openerp are more or less acoording your GTM, so the email works only if you do not set trigger date, but that isn't very usefull, look the postgres BD in the crm_phonecall table and you can see the date stored in the phonecall.

Discard

look the time of my post! is 16:56, and the real time in my zone is 11:56