This question has been flagged

We are testing odoo 9.  Please help how we can configure the products as make to stock? We have products with bill of materials. Their raw materials inventory shall depend on real available quantity. Then when raw materials are zero stock, it needs to generate automatic purchase order upon sales order or manufacturing order confirmation.

My raw materials has 2 to 3 suppliers each for options.  What product configuration do i need to automatically generate P.O. For zero stocks? Or do i need to change anything in my current config?

for the raw materials, we use this config: > can be purchased and can be sold > stockable product > others are with 'manufacture' > others are with 'buy' 

but none creates automatic PO. I am hesitant to use 'make to order' because it will disregard whether item has stocks, i need it to use existing stocks and only generate PO if without stocks already.

Pls pls help. thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

Make To Stock products are configured as follows:

(Make them stockable products. The important thing to do is make sure Make To Order is UNCHECKED)

You MUST add a Reordering Rule to tell Odoo what the acceptable minumum and maximum level of stock is. It can be 0, but you must have a rule.

You MUST add a Vendor.

After creating your Manufacturing Order, and running the Inventory Scheduler, Odoo will look at:

• the quantity in stock

• the Reordering Rule

• the quantity already on order from confirmed Purchase Orders

• what is needed for the Manufacturing Order

It will raise a Request for Quotation to make sure there is enough on order to complete the order and top up stock levels.

Example 1:

Stock Level: 5 units

Reordering Rule: 0 minimum and 0 maximum

Manufacturing Order: 10 neeeded

Existing Order placed: 0 units

Odoo will suggest an order of 0 + 5 units - 0 units

Example 2:

Stock Level: 0 units

Reordering rule: 100 minimum 500 maximum

Manufacturing Order: 10 needed

Existing Order placed: 0 units

Odoo will suggest an order of 500 units + 10 units - 0 units

Example 3:

Stock Level: 100 units

Reordering rule: 100 minimum 500 maximum

Manufacturing Order: 10 needed

Existing Order placed: 200 units

Odoo will not suggest an order. There are 90 + 200 units expected in stock after the Manufacturing Order is completed.

Note: Odoo has a concept of Forecasted Quantity that it manages to work all of this out - It is defined as the Quantity on Hand - Future Delivery Orders + Future incoming shipments + Future manufactured units (as applicable).

Discard
Best Answer

Hello All,

Get this app for all in one solution:Make To Order For Required Stock

Discard
Best Answer

Hello, 

Seems this is really old post and it is about odoo 9, but I have  same question for odoo 12.

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/use-current-available-stock-for-items-in-the-bom-if-not-enough-create-rfq-on-missing-quantity-only-155899

Discard