This question has been flagged

I added some custom field email_bcc on mail template model and also on the mail_mail model to accept the email_bcc data. And also did the appropriate changes on send_mail, generate_email functions to add the email_bcc field.

While I am sending email its success and email bcc is added to the email. Problem is the recipients under Bcc is shown to all, while sending from odoo. 

I set the outgoing mail server with a Gmail account. So can from Odoo, we need to do anything extra or is it related to the mail server?

Discard
Thanks. It's all solved already before 1 year.

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 11:37 AM ravi <ravi@webkul.com> wrote:

A new answer on Email Bcc shown to all other recipients while sending from odoo. has been posted. Click here to access the post :

See post

--
ravi

Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo.

--
Hilar AK  Python / Odoo Developer

m: +917736617619
e: hilarak@gmail.com
Follow me:
twitteryoutubegithubstack-overflow

That's good, yes i have noticed it's too old post having 500 views without any answer. that's why i have replied, so it may help someone else who is facing similar issue.

Best Answer

This issue has been already fixed by odoo for odoo 9.0 and 10.0 so you can adapt the fixes in your odoo.

here is the commit changes:- \https://github.com/odoo-dev/odoo/commit/2445f9e3c22db810d61996afde883e4ca608f15b

you will have to simply add below code in core ir_mail_server.py file inside send_email function:

del message['Bcc']

now restart your odoo service and try sending mail, it should work fine.

Discard