This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I am attempting to close the year 2014 and open the year 2015. I am following the directions listed at https://www.odoo.com/forum/how-to/accounting-finance-8/how-can-i-transfer-my-fiscal-years-balances-to-my-new-financial-year-54378 to use the "Generate Opening Entries" wizard. After generating the opening entries, the chart of accounts (Accouting -> Charts -> Chart of Accounts) is reflecting balances correctly for 2015. However, in Accounting -> Accounts -> Accounts the values are doubled after running the wizard. These account amounts should be a current value but instead it almost appears to be a cumulative value.

Discard
Best Answer

Ruben,

Usually, one must follow a standard process as shown here.

In a general case, the transfer of accounting transactions are somewhat important based on the kind of account type.

For example, payable and receiveble accounts must carry forward only UNreconciled entries into the new year.

Asset/Liabilities/Cash/equity must carry forward only the balance, income/expenses should carry forward nothing!

Based on what you write, I guess this is more about configuration.

Would you please make sure whatver accounts you find doubled are setup with the right deferral method?

Check into the accounts and look at the account type! I doubt the 'detail' deferral method does the damage!

The attached screen should help.

Thanks.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you for taking the time to reply. We have followed the process on your link as it was the same link as in our original question. We have reviewed our deferral methods for the account types and while we disagree on the "Balance" method for the bank account (this would not carry any unreconciled items to the following year) they all match and we don't see anything there to solve our problem. Let me be more specific and finite on the issue:

Lets say that at the end of 2014 we have $1 in our Bank account. This is set to an Internal Type of "Liquidity" and an Account type of "Bank", with a deferral method (per your instructions) of Balance. Once we run the generate opening entries wizard, the Chart of Accounts (for 2015) will show $1 but the Account view (Configuration -> Accounts> Accounts) shows the balance of that account as $2 now.

I agree this must be some type of configuration issue, I doubt this is a system-wide bug as I can't be the only one who has found this issue.... but you never know. Can you please point us in the right direction?

Discard