This question has been flagged
5 Replies

Hi,

My customer has a need to generate a new project, from a template, when a Sales Order is generated after a Quotation is accepted. I can either create a blank project with a single task in it, which then leaves me having to generate all the kanban columns, sub-tasks etc, or I can add a new task to an existing project - but that's not what we need either.

There's this here: https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/10.0/project_template/ - but it doesn't explicitly say that I can do what I need to do.

This seems like it would be a pretty common thing to want to do, so maybeI'm just missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance

Discard
Best Answer

You can do the following to achieve this:

• Set up a project with all the tasks, stages, kanban columns, etc. This will be used as the "Project Template"

• Set up a product with a "Product Type" of "Service" and configure it with the following settings in the "Sales" tab of the product template

• Select "​Create a new project but no task" for "Service Tracking"

• Select your project template in the "Project Template" field

When you confirm the Sales Order, Odoo will automatically create a new project by copying all the settings of the project template and assign the Sales Order number as the name of the new project. The project template will remain as is.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Discard

Great Answer. By the way can we have two Service type Products Linked to two separate Templates. The hitch is the Sales Order has these two items. TIA

Yes Mohamed you should be able to do this. Odoo will create two projects in your case.

Best Answer

Hello,

Can Odoo assign the product to an already existing task in the project template? The use of simply adding tasks to exiting one seems limited.

Best,

Olivier

Discard

This is an old question about Odoo 10. Are you asking about Odoo 10?

Best Answer

Hi everyone!! I have the same issue as Mohamed but I've tried what Paresh said of associating different templates to each service and still the sales order only creates one project for the first sales order line and ignores the rest of the orders. I'm in v13. I really appreciate some insight on this. Thank you!!

Discard
Author Best Answer

My question was posted in 2017, and relates to odoo 10.0 where that facility isn't available. 

We fixed it by extending the module I mentioned.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Dominic,

It turns out you need to create a PRODUCT that generates a Project (and tasks) 
When creating the Product go to the Sales tab, and under Invoicing set:
Service Tracking: "Create a task in a new project"
Project Template: Select an existing Project to use as a template.

Add that Product to your SO, and then confirm your SO.

Official Documentation: \Project -> Advanced -> SO to Task

\https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/12.0/project/advanced/so_to_task.html

Discard