This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Possible with the new google docs attachment module attach existing file from google docs? How can i do it? Or it's "only" make a new file in google docs?

Discard
Best Answer

No, for the moment, there doesn't seem to be a way to directly attach an existing google doc to a specific item.

I will see if it's possible to improve that.

However, you could also work with templates and select a specific google doc which would not be modified in any way but which contents would be used as a template when adding google doc attachments in openerp.

• Go to Settings => Google Docs configuration => Models configuration
  • Select a specific model (e.g. Sales Order) for which you want a template, add an existing google doc idea (refer to the information)
  • Now, create e.g. a sales order, and add a google doc attachment: the template you provided will be used
Discard

I really like this capability, but it falls short of what I need. I found I could attach a Google Form to a Lead/Opportunity, as a questionnaire/wizard requiring further details about a prospects needs. Unfortunately, it doesn't offer a form to fill in, it goes to the form editor. Pity!

But I got further. See below . . .

If you use Google Drive, you can simply select Add Document and select the document from there.

Best Answer

I found a devious way to do what you want, using a Google Docs Form. (Google's new form making kit is a huge improvement over the old rubbish, by the way.)

I created a form to attach to Leads/Opportunity. It's a form my client's sales staff must complete in order to provide the engineering department with basic initial project dimensions.

Assuming you have the "Knowledge" and "Google_???" modules installed:

1. Create a simple form to begin with
  2. Mail it to yourself
  3. In Settings => Google Docs configuration => Models configuration you will specify the module, (as per Gille's answer above, eg, Leads/Opportunity), but then . . .
  4. . . . instead of document:0Ai...RNYT or spreadsheet:1pZ...e29m you will use form:ZGf...Se2, where ZGf...Se2 is the key to creating the form (this is more a reference than a reality, as you will see below)
  5. Create (or edit) an Opportunity and save it.
  6. Select "Add Google Doc...", and ignore what comes out
  7. Go back to your email, pull out the form, fill in the fields, and submit it.
  8. In the last step of submitting you'll see a link, "Edit your response"
  9. Back in OpenERP, open up the Knowledge module and edit the newly created, but useless attachment,
  10. Replace the attachment URL with the "Edit your response" URL.
  11. Save it and then go back to the Opportunity, and open its attachment. It will be the copy of the form that has the fields prepared,

I said "more reference than reality" because, of course, you replace the originally specified attachment with the one you filled in. When they first create the attachment your users will get taken to the form maker kit -- not a form to fill in. This may be problematic -- but it is only a workaround, after all.

Discard

Hello, Did you consider modifying the Google Docs module ? If OpenERP would call the form with "/viewform" appended at the end, it would solve your case. I'm interested to know, as I want my users to be able to send in a form response, not edit a form.

Best Answer

I'm using the google drive doc module. It lets me use my templates and it creates a copy of that google doc (template) in my drive location. Then that new document shows up under my attached documents. Until here it's fine. Then it pops up an error when I try to delete that attached document. Also if I try to attach a non related google doc it doesn't do anything at all killing the regular document attachment functionality.

Thanks,

jgonzalez

Discard