This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Say if a sales order is generated on odoo/openerp, what is the best practice of having the order picked, packed and shipped?

• is there some integration with handheld mobile device for picking items for the order?  The device need to have order information and  a scanner so when an item is picked, it is scanner.
Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

In the slideshares Odoo has presented back in July, there was mention of pick/pack/ship functionality. I believe what they meant by this was the use of pull/push flows. I think that concept of pick/pack/ship in Odoo is sort of convoluted.

We are going to be developing something for this in the next couple weeks for an ecommerce company. I found a video on youtube by camp2camp that demonstrates how the fulfillment process works, but it is in french.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqdWJN8VgH4

This functionality almost fits our clients needs, but not quite. IMO there should be a picked/packed/shipped state, but this is in the context of my needs and may not work for everyone, but that being said the built in functionality is different enough where it wouldnt suit our needs. Not exactly the answer you were looking for im sure.

Discard