This question has been flagged

Hi

I have Odoo 12. I have the inventory module. This is what I am trying to achieve:

I have 2000 permanently installed towers at various sites

I then have 4000 portable devices that attach to the towers

We move the portable devices around between the towers when necessary. I need to be able to do these moves in Odoo and then also I need to be able to:

Search for a Tower and see what devices are attached to it

Search for a device and see what Tower it is attached to

I need to do the moves easily but in the inventory module it seems i need to define an internal move process for each possibility and that is not viable due to the volumes. 

Please can someone suggest an easy way to do this?

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Dale:
You can do this by defining each tower as a Location and each device as a Product. You can then use the standard Inventory functionality of Internal transfers to move the device from one location to another. Odoo will take care of defining the routes automatically

Discard
Author

Thanks Paresh. I tried this but I am not able to go to the location and see what products are attached to it or to the product and see what location it at

Hi Dale: Go to Inventory > Settings. Scroll down to the "Warehouse" section and select the "Storage Locations" checkbox. This will allow you to define multiple locations within a warehouse. You can define each tower as a Location under the main warehouse (WH).

*Inventory > Configuration > Settings