This question has been flagged
7 Replies

Hi when i want the portal user to go see the products i get the following error

Access Denied

The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: Product, Operation: read)

i tryed almost everything in the user rights but i can't find the solution for this problem.

Edit 1

If i give the portal user employee access he can access the product form. i've made a copy of this user group and added it to the poertal user as an inherited group. with this group the user can't access the productform. he can go to the treeview but not the form view

Discard

maybe, you have to check all rules that relative this object. (Product)

Author

ok 'ill look into it

Author

Still didn't work i think there is a problem with the global rules but i'm currenly testing what rule

Kris, how you got the issue fixed?

Best Answer

I had this problem when I was trying to create a timesheet for my user. Apparently my user acct belonged to a group that did not have Read access to the Products. I removed myself from this group and was then able to create a timesheet for my user. This is what I did to find out which groups my user belonged to:

Step 1: Open pgAdmin and open up the SQL query editor

Step 2: Type: select "gid" from "res_groups_users_rel" where "uid" = '(your user id)'

Step 3: When you get a list of all the group ids that your user id belongs to, then you can find the group names from the ids that were returned in the res_groups table

Step 4: Now you can add the Read access to the groups your user belongs to on the Products table, or you can remove your user from the group that does not have Read access to the Products table.

In my situation, my user acct belonged to a group that did not need Read access to the Products table so instead of granting Read access to that group, I just removed my user acct from that group and then my error was cleared

Discard
Best Answer

In my case, this error was raised by: def check_field_access_rights

This is use guide:

"""
        Check the user access rights on the given fields. This raises Access
        Denied if the user does not have the rights. Otherwise it returns the
        fields (as is if the fields is not falsy, or the readable/writable
        fields if fields is falsy)

"""

Now I check in server log:

WARNING ********* openerp.osv.orm: Access Denied by ACLs for operation: read, uid: 265, model: product.product, fields: standard_price
ERROR:openerp.netsvc:Access Denied
The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator.

(Document type: Product, Operation: read)

Reason why I faced this issue because field standard_price was set in group base.group_user and user which logged not belong to this group. Now I can add new group for this field or add group_user to current user.

Hope that help :)

Discard
Best Answer

I had problem when I was trying to create a product in case of we have child company and user created for this company.
when click on product then error massage comes :

(Document type: res.company, Operation: read) in inventory module

(Document type: res.company, Operation: read) in Sales module

Discard

Could you please post how could you resolve this? Multiple Companies give access denine error on when user confirms quotation on second company