This question has been flagged

I'm in the process of building a module that will use product_multi_image as a base for storing multiple product images for display on the website frontend (ie. the product page on the website) as well as the backend in Sale >> Products.

I am using this module (currently a work in progress) for storing the multiple images for products:

https://github.com/pedrobaeza/product-attribute/tree/8.0-product_images

I am storing the product images in the filesystem, however I have noticed that there is a significant delay on kanban views after i've imported my product images along with their products into the database.

Currently i'm only importing multiple images to the following field:

image_ids/path

to pull the full-size product image to be stored for the product.

I'm not sure whether the module is creating thumbnails (64px by 64px) and small images (128px by 128px) in the same manner as it is done with the built-in product image resizer inside Odoo (image_small, image_medium, image_big).

The module seems to introduce a significant delay to kanban views among other things, which may be due to the images being pulled in at their full size (this is an assumption, as i'm not sure at this point in time), or some other issue.

I have spoken to the developer who is working on the module and they have suggested that a caching mechanism might be suitable for resolving this issue.

The discussion is here:

https://github.com/OCA/product-attribute/issues/42

I'd like to know if anyone has any suggestions on a suitable caching mechanism and whether you think it could be achieved using tools like Varnish, Nginx, etc. for caching, or whether there is a more suitable way to achieve this.

I'm currently working on building a database with around 15,000 products each with multiple product images, so if this is to be accomplished i'll need to look into improving the performance by implementing a caching mechanism, or some other means.

If anyone has any suggestions on the best way to accomplish this I would value your insight and advice on the topic.

Discard