This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Either I'm stupid, or I'm really the first, who sets up the accounting from scratch without using a localization module in odoo 8.

Because the Swiss localization with almost 2000 accounts is much too bloated for small companies and is also lacking of translations, I started to create a complete set of accounts and tax templates myself.

This is, what I did:

1. Created a new database, without demo data, multi-company setup.
  2. Installed multi-language chart of accounts, but no localization module.
  3. Created a new empty company and a new empty chart of accounts template
  4. Created account templates for a complete chart of accounts, the templates are correct and the codes are unique.
  5. Created all tax templates, tax codes and fiscal positions.
  6. I have deleted all account and account templates data from the original "Your company", which were possibe to delete because of the constraints.

Then I tried to create the chart of accounts using my own, properly set-up accounts templates and I receive the Constraint Error "The code of the account must be unique per company !".

I have checked the chart of accounts, the accounts, everything is empty, no accounts are setup. I have checked the database where company-id and account-code build a combined key, but there are no account records, the accounts table is empty and therefore it is impossible that duplicate entries could create a cconstraint error. 

This are the logs:

First error:

2014-12-03 22:16:10,434 2691 ERROR P2Swiss openerp.sql_db: bad query: INSERT INTO "account_account" ("id", "currency_id", "code", "reconcile", "name", "level", "company_id", "user_type", "shortcut", "note", "parent_id", "currency_mode", "active", "type", "create_uid", "write_uid", "create_date", "write_date") VALUES(nextval('account_account_id_seq'), NULL, '106000', false, 'Shortterm securities', 4, 1, 6, NULL, NULL, 113, 'current', true, 'liquidity', 1, 1, (now() at time zone 'UTC'), (now() at time zone 'UTC')) RETURNING id

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/bitnami/apps/odoo/lib/openerp-8.0_83bd9ee-py2.7.egg/openerp/sql_db.py", line 234, in execute

res = self._obj.execute(query, params)

IntegrityError: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "account_account_code_company_uniq"

DETAIL:  Key (code, company_id)=(106000, 1) already exists.

Second error: 

2014-12-03 22:16:06,380 2513 WARNING P2Swiss openerp.models: Cannot execute name_search, no _rec_name defined on account.config.settings

2014-12-03 22:16:10,434 2691 ERROR P2Swiss openerp.sql_db: bad query: INSERT INTO "account_account" ("id", "currency_id", "code", "reconcile", "name", "level", "company_id", "user_type", "shortcut", "note", "parent_id", "currency_mode", "active", "type", "create_uid", "write_uid", "create_date", "write_date") VALUES(nextval('account_account_id_seq'), NULL, '106000', false, 'Shortterm securities', 4, 1, 6, NULL, NULL, 113, 'current', true, 'liquidity', 1, 1, (now() at time zone 'UTC'), (now() at time zone 'UTC')) RETURNING id

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/opt/bitnami/apps/odoo/lib/openerp-8.0_83bd9ee-py2.7.egg/openerp/sql_db.py", line 234, in execute

res = self._obj.execute(query, params)

IntegrityError: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "account_account_code_company_uniq"

DETAIL:  Key (code, company_id)=(106000, 1) already exists.

As I said, the account table is empty, there is no account code 106000 (which is anyway an account from the "Your Company".

Please someone tells me that I'm not stupid, but only the first. Should I post this as an issue and what can I do to receive the appropriate attention as this would be a severe and major issue, especially for Switzerland, where no usable accounting localization for small companies is available (sorry, camp2camp, but I'm willing to contribute!).

And what can I do as a fast, but reusable workaround, I need to have setup a working chart of account by Monday next week the latest?

Discard
Author

It seems to be a bug, I have opened an issue in github: https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/4058

@Ermin, Thanks, i'll keep an eye on that github issue for any response from Odoo. Have you managed to reproduce this on an instance outside of a Bitnami stack? The fact it is running inside Bitnami is likely to be completely unrelated to the issue you are facing, however it would be interesting to test this just installing from source. Could you provide me with details about how you installed your Odoo 8.0 instance, as well as PostgreSQL version, OS version, etc? I would like to try and setup a development environment that mirrors yours so that I can try to reproduce myself and confirm this as a bug.

Author

@Luke: I launched a Bitnami 64bit HVM AWS image on a 64bit AWS Ubuntu 14.04 micro instance. Postgres is: "PostgreSQL 9.3.5 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20070626 (Red Hat 4.1.2-14), 64-bit"

Author

I was so frustrated because I've lost about 25 hours setting up an accounting system in 4 languages, I've never tried it again. I, for myself, am not experienced enough to setup my own "native" installation.

Best Answer

@Ermin,

I'd recommend trying to install Odoo 8.0 by installing a fresh clean install of Ubuntu 14.04 from on either a local computer in your office, or on a virtual machine (eg. virtualbox - https://www.virtualbox.org/). Here's a step by step tutorial on how to setup Ubuntu 14.04 in virtualbox:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkJmahizwO4

Once you have a clean install of Ubuntu 14.04 in your virtualbox VPS (you can install virtualbox on any computer you use without affecting the OS install on that computer) you can just open a terminal and run the following commands:

cd tmp
sudo wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lukebranch/odoo-install-scripts/master/odoo-saas4/ubuntu-14-04/odoo_install.sh
sudo sh odoo_install.sh

this will run an install script that will take care of installing Odoo on your Virtualbox VPS for testing. Once the script has finished running you'll need to follow the instructions on screen and restart your Virtualbox VPS.

Once you have restarted you should have an Odoo instance running inside that virtual machine. You'll be able to access it within the VPS by going to a browser (if you installed Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop version) and visiting the following URL:

http://127.0.0.1:8072

if you would like to access the Odoo instance outside of your virtualbox VPS you will just need to open a terminal inside your VPS again and type in the following command:

ifconfig

This will give you your VPS's local IP address on your network. You can then just visit:

http://192.168.1.123:8072    (replace 192.168.1.123 with whatever your VPS's local IP address was from the output of ifconfig).

From my understanding Bitnami has it's own install script that has had some issues in the past. If you are able to reproduce the bug you have described outside of a bitnami instance (eg. the above method installs from the latest source code on github), then it definitely warrants further inspection from Odoo SA, and I will try to push for them to take a look at this issue on github.

Please feel free to comment back if you run into any issues.

Discard
Author

I have successfully installed a clear odoo instance and started testing. When I have created a new database using the backup, creating of chart of accounts failed again with the same error. When I created an empty database in single company mode with only the finance and accounting module installed, it worked. Now it needs further testing. Next I will create a new database and try the same again in multi-company mode. I'll keep you posted.

@Ermin, Out of interest have you done an update of odoo from github and a corresponding command line update of all modules? Please make sure you have a safe copy of the original database before doing this, and do a command line update as follows: 1) sudo service odoo-server stop 2) cd /opt/odoo/odoo-server 3) sudo git pull 4) sudo su odoo 5) ./openerp-gevent --update=all -c /etc/odoo-server.conf 6) Step 4 will take a long time as it updates every module in your database. You should attempt to view your Odoo instance in a browser during this time. Once Odoo loads in the browser the update has finished and you can do a Ctrl + C or Control + C depending on your OS. 7) exit 8) sudo service odoo-server start Once you have updated all modules i'd recommend trying with the (newly) updated database again. If this does not work it may mean that the old database is somehow corrupted, in which case you'll need to export all data to import into a brand new database. I've run into similar issues before (between old backups and updates). Unfortunately sometimes there is no option but to save the data from the old database and migrate it to a brand new database. This has not happened to me often, however I have run into it once or twice with theme module development on older databases.

Author Best Answer

I have no computer at hand where I could do a virtualbox install. I would set up an AWS micro instance with a clean Canonical Ubuntu 14.04 64bit image. Would that be comparable?

UPDATE:

Finally, I was able to set up a proper set of accounts. I was fiddling around and did mainly the following (can't remember exactly):

- I have set the account configuration wizards to "TODO"

- I have deleted, what I've ever could delete

- I have removed the sample chart of account using this module: https://apps.openerp.com/apps/modules/8.0/account_chart/

- I have installed the new Swiss Accounting Module, which provided a new set of account templates (but no accounts)

- I have updated the chart of accounts using the following new module: https://apps.openerp.com/apps/modules/8.0/account_chart_update/

- I launched the account config wizards again

... and finally it worked out somehow...

Discard

Hi Ermin

I'm facing the same issue with Odoo10 - Fresh installation on Ubuntu and then install swiss accounting 'Kontenplan 2015 (with all the wrong translations etc). After that delete whole account chart and import my own one (Sterchi2015 for Switzerland). After this I get for each new chart setting ther error 'The code of the account must be unique per company !' -- My Account chart has only unique account ID's....everything is fine.

With this error you can not make any booking lines for journal 'Bank'. Untill now I did not find out why any new account chart can be imported.

Do you have news?

Author

Hi Tom

As I wrote above I was able to solve the problem for 8.0. Meanwhile the accounting changed completely from version 9.0 on.

How did you import your accounts? Did you uninstall the Swiss localization module before?