This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Version 7 is poisoned with Google Analytics. What is the reason for this and how can I prevent this? If I can not eliminate Google Analytics (or any other ghostware...) I will never ever be able to bring OpenERP into production mode with our company.

Discard
Best Answer

If you have google analytics, it's because you installed the web_analytics module which is not installed by default.

OpenERP uses google analytics to get statistics on what to improve for future versions of OpenERP. It allows the R&D teams to measure usage of the different objects to detect the ones that should be improved.

Discard

It would be fair for customers to be informed on this by the product, so that they could have a choice to opt out.

What is not fair about this? It is not installed by default and there is a description explaining exactly what it does.

I think you're talking about two different things...

I see this behavior. Once I go to Settings->Apps the google-analytics JS gets included in every page header.

But we never had the Google Analytics module installed!

Best Answer

Don't install or, if it's installed, uninstall the web_analytics module. It's not required.

Discard
Best Answer

May be a bug ?

Using Noscript addon + Ghostery addon under firefox 20.0 , OpenERP Version 7.0-20130602-231021

Log on : undetected

Go to Settings ("| Modules | Apps" selected by default) : detected by both Noscript and Ghostery

Go to Settings | Modules | Installed Modules + reload page : undetected

Check that Google analytics (web_analytics) is NOT installed : OK

Go back to Settings | Modules | Apps : again, detected by Noscript and Ghostery

Reproductible with different dbs.

Cheers

Discard

I see exactly the same behavior. Once I go to Settings->Apps the google-analytics JS gets included in every page header.

Must be a bug surely as we never had the Google Analytics module installed!

Hi, some advance about this behavior? Thx.

Strange bug... and probably not on the road map. G. Orwell, are you watching me ?