This question has been flagged

I am working a Demo through QWEB on my own instance in docker. Trying to make a Area Calculation for products. It is kindly of simple but variable. The goal is to show the Area with unit which the user select. Here is the calculation:

Width * Height /  Ratio of Length ^2 = Area * Ratio of Area

Reference Unit of Length is meter, and reference Unit of Area is M2; The other units are set correctly and tested the ratio.

Float Fields: x_widthx_heightx_area

Many2One Fields: x_size_uom,  x_area_uom
Object Relation: product.uom
Domain: [('category_id.name', '=', 'Length/ Distance')] & [('category_id.name', '=', 'Area')]

This is what I have set for field x_area:

Dependencies: x_width, x_height, x_size_uom, x_area_uom (4 related fields above)
Compute:

for record in self:
 record[('x_area')] = record.x_width * record.x_height / (record.x_size_uom.factor * record.x_size_uom.factor) * record.x_area_uom.factor

It is working and calculated correctly, no matter what unit of length is calculated but also error popup, listed as below:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/fields.py", line 944, in __get__
    value = record.env.cache.get(record, self)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/api.py", line 960, in get
    value = self._data[field][record.id][key]
KeyError: <odoo.api.Environment object at 0x7f295009bb70>

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/tools/safe_eval.py", line 348, in safe_eval
    return unsafe_eval(c, globals_dict, locals_dict)
  File "", line 2, in <module>
ZeroDivisionError: float division by zero

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/http.py", line 646, in _handle_exception
    return super(JsonRequest, self)._handle_exception(exception)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/http.py", line 307, in _handle_exception
    raise pycompat.reraise(type(exception), exception, sys.exc_info()[2])
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/tools/pycompat.py", line 87, in reraise
    raise value
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/http.py", line 683, in dispatch
    result = self._call_function(**self.params)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/http.py", line 339, in _call_function
    return checked_call(self.db, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/service/model.py", line 97, in wrapper
    return f(dbname, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/http.py", line 332, in checked_call
    result = self.endpoint(*a, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/http.py", line 927, in __call__
    return self.method(*args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/http.py", line 512, in response_wrap
    response = f(*args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/web/controllers/main.py", line 920, in call_kw
    return self._call_kw(model, method, args, kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/web/controllers/main.py", line 912, in _call_kw
    return call_kw(request.env[model], method, args, kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/api.py", line 689, in call_kw
    return call_kw_multi(method, model, args, kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/api.py", line 680, in call_kw_multi
    result = method(recs, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/models.py", line 4966, in onchange
    record.mapped(dotname)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/models.py", line 4414, in mapped
    recs = recs._mapped_func(operator.itemgetter(name))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/models.py", line 4393, in _mapped_func
    vals = [func(rec) for rec in self]
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/models.py", line 4393, in <listcomp>
    vals = [func(rec) for rec in self]
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/models.py", line 4660, in __getitem__
    return self._fields[key].__get__(self, type(self))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/fields.py", line 948, in __get__
    self.determine_value(record)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/fields.py", line 1059, in determine_value
    self.compute_value(recs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/fields.py", line 1015, in compute_value
    self._compute_value(records)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/fields.py", line 1008, in _compute_value
    self.compute(records)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/addons/base/ir/ir_model.py", line 30, in <lambda>
    func = lambda self: safe_eval(text, SAFE_EVAL_BASE, {'self': self}, mode="exec")
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/tools/safe_eval.py", line 371, in safe_eval
    pycompat.reraise(ValueError, ValueError('%s: "%s" while evaluating\n%r' % (ustr(type(e)), ustr(e), expr)), exc_info[2])
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/tools/pycompat.py", line 86, in reraise
    raise value.with_traceback(tb)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/odoo/tools/safe_eval.py", line 348, in safe_eval
    return unsafe_eval(c, globals_dict, locals_dict)
  File "", line 2, in <module>
ValueError: <class 'ZeroDivisionError'>: "float division by zero" while evaluating
"for record in self:\n  record[('x_area')] = record.x_width * record.x_height / (record.x_size_uom.factor * record.x_size_uom.factor) * record.x_area_uom.factor"

I have no ideas how the float divided by zero

This is how I insert into a view:

<label for="x_area" string="Area"/> 
<div>
<field name="x_width" class="oe_inline"/> x <field name="x_height" class="oe_inline"/>
<field name="x_size_uom" class="oe_inline oe_no_button"/> = <br/>
<field name="x_area" class="oe_inline"/><field name="x_area_uom" class="oe_inline oe_no_button"/>
</div>

Discard
Author Best Answer

OK, I have solved the problem above. Here this is my solution below for reference, by QWEB.

First at all, its divided by zero, because I did NOT set a default value for the Many2One field, which means its ZERO definitely. There are three solutions for the situation.

1. Not to do the divisor. 

2. Set a default value for the field.

3. Give a value in the formula temporary

The Area was divided by the factor of x_area_uom, but I found there is another field for multiple (x_size_uom.factor_inv). Therefore, I could just do the calculation as below with the factor_inv.

(record.x_width * record.x_height) * record.x_size_uom.factor_inv * record.x_size_uom1.factor_inv * record.x_area_uom.factor

Since I do NOT know how to set the default for the Many2One field by QWEB. I have decided to go to the third way, give a temp value in the formula. 

(record.x_width * record.x_height) / ((record.x_size_uom.factor * record.x_size_uom1.factor) or 1) * record.x_area_uom.factor

The formula above will convert the Area into the unit of Area (x_area_uom), which is quite successful as what I wanted. On the other hand, I was thinking to round the Area as Rounding Precision of the UOM (x_area_uom.rounding).

Rounding Precision is not only rounding to the precision. It is the value I could charge the customer in the exact quantity as I wanted, by every 0.25, 0.1, 0.2, 1000, etc. According to the Help of Odoo Team writes:

"The computed quantity will be a multiple of this value. Use 1.0 for a Unit of Measure that cannot be further split, such as a piece."

For example, I have 2 units of Area, SQM & SQF. The rounding precision of SQM is 0.1 and SQF is 0.5. When the Area converted from SQM into SQF, its just only multiply by 10.76 (x_area_uom.factor) into SQF, but it doesnt round it to the value of the unit. Therefore I have tried to use ceil() which is a very good function for rounding purpose. The best way to do is to round it by ceiling to the x_area_uom.rounding.

ceil( 'formula above' , x_area_uom.rounding)

However, ceil() is not one of the built-in functions working on the computed-field, round() will drop the value below 5 and I couldn't import math or other function.  (Since it becomes a little complex from now, I will be using the variable for better understanding and displaying.)

area = (record.x_width * record.x_height) / ((record.x_size_uom.factor * record.x_size_uom1.factor) or 1) * record.x_area_uom.factor
    rp = x_area_uom.rounding

I made the Area (in the unit I want) divided by the value of rounding and round it to an INTEGER plus 1, which is the function of roundup. Then multiply by the value of rounding, which is the function of ceil(). Finally the value of Area became the perfect value that I wanted to charge the customers. Here it is the full formula for your reference by QWEB. (Although there are many times that errors got me, finally....)

for record in self: 
    area = (record.x_width * record.x_height) / ((record.x_size_uom.factor * record.x_size_uom.factor) or 1) * record.x_area_uom.factor
    rp = record.x_size_uom2.rounding
    record['x_area'] = float(int( area / (rp or 1) ) +1) * rp

Please upvote this answer if you like it, or share your solution for the situation above. Thank you!   

int ( area / rp ) makes it an integer after division without precision. Adding 1 just make it ceiling up to the integer of the Rounding Precision. Float the Integer for multiple a float number. Multiply the Rounding Precision makes it back to the Value we calculated in the Unit I wanted.

If you want to know what functions you could use in computed-field. Check out the "Built-in Function of Python" 
https://docs.python.org/3.5/library/functions.html

I really love Odoo, OMG! It could do anything I want, only the matter is how-to.

Discard
Author

Sorry, my bad. Its not the same as ceiling, at least it round down when < 0.5

Author

Solved and Edited the answer! Share your idea with me! Thanks!