This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hi, I have set up my Odoo 14 on AWS. Now, I would like setup a new database for Odoo but I seem to have forgotten the master password. I go to Manage databases on the bottom of the login screen and I see odoo_dev_db. I try to create a new database but it asks for the master password.

I've tried entering the db_password as my master password I get from my odoo.conf file but it does not seem to work.

Where is the Master Password and how do I reset it if I have forgotten it?

Discard

try the 'admin', if it doesn't work then you can try to set a new master password by editing the odoo's config file and setting the param "admin_passwd=123xyz#" , then it would become your master password

Hello Alvin Arulselvan ,

Find admin password in your odoo.conf configuration file. that is the master password for odoo database.

You can remove the encoded password from here and set the new password like this:

admin_passwd = 'new master password and then restart the odoo service, now your master password is a new master password.

Best Answer

Hi,

You can reset the master password from the conf file, if you open your odoo configuration file you can see an option like this:

admin_passwd = "password"

You can remove the encoded password from here and set the new password like this:

admin_passwd = 'mynewpass' and then restart the odoo service, now your master password is mynewpass.

See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giNBo3lgJQA

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

Change admin password from the odoo.conf file if you haven't set anything there or change it with a new one. 

admin_password = ****  is the Master Password for odoo.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Alvin,

Find admin password in your odoo.conf configuration file. that is master password for odoo database.

Thanks & Regards

Ankit Vaghela

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks Divyansh and Ankit. You were right. It was the Admin Password and I was using an encrypted AWS password and had to change it to something a bit more generic. Kinda functions without access denied now. Thanks!

Discard