This question has been flagged
1 Reply

As a simplified example, let's say I am selling a car. I have two salable inventory items: a car, and an engine. Both are set up as "Build to Order" and both have the procurement method set to "Manufacture". When I sell a car, OpenERP automatically generates a manufacturing order for the car. However, one of the items in bill of materials is an engine, which also has to be manufactured. Ideally, I'd like to sell the car, and have that sale automatically trigger two build orders. One for the car, and one for the engine. Is there a way to have OpenERP create automatic manufacturing orders for items in a bill of materials that also need to be manufactured?

Discard
Best Answer

You have to set the BoM-type of the "engine"-line in the BoM of the "car" to Normal BoM.

Because if you set it to Sets / Phantom the manufacturing order consumes all sub-parts of "engine" instead of the complete product "engine". If the product "engine" is set to "Make to Order", then everytime a "car" is going to be produced, also an "engine" should be produced.

Discard

This should be but isn't. Has anyone a suggestion or a fix for that problem?

I'm also having this problem. Any solution until now?