Odoo Help

1 Answer
Donald Leaman
1/24/19, 10:33 AM

It had everything to do with it being an NTFS file system.  Permissions are handled differently when it's NTFS.  I used an EXT4 file system and the create tablespace worked OK.  However, the folder is empty.  How, now, do I port my Odoo data into the new tablespace?  I'll research and post when successful -- unless in the meantime someone posts the "how to".  I have also come to the idea that vbox VMs can't create symlinks on vbox shared folders.  Inside the VM is no problem.  On a shared folder?  Just can get past the part where it tries to create a symlink on the shared folder.  I broke my VM when experiment with it.  NP since I had a snapshot.  This needs more research.  And I think VirtualBox is where I need to research.  And I found:  \https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=90390&p=433668&hilit=symlink#p433668

I'll update after I've tried it.

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
1 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now