Yenthe Van Ginneken Belgium

--Yenthe Van Ginneken--
| 9 9 12
Turnhout, Belgium
--Yenthe Van Ginneken--

Yenthe Van Ginneken Belgium
11/3/18, 6:56 AM

Hi Maniganda,

In Odoo 12 they've changed the way attachments are shown. The top menu item "Attachment(s)" that used to be there in V9, V10 and V11 has been removed and the attachments are now integrated in the chatter. The icon of the attachments is not even shown untill you've added atleast one attachment on the record. An example:

These changes have been introduced in V12 with the documents module. For more information see the release notes at https://www.odoo.com/nl_NL/odoo-12-release-notes#part_3

Regards,
Yenthe

4 Comments
Maniganda India
11/3/18, 7:08 AM

Thanks @yanthe, But this feature was available on first version of odoo 12

Oocademy, Yenthe Van Ginneken Belgium
11/3/18, 7:55 AM

You're welcome! It might be that it was still available in beta but it has been changed in the meanwhile (and they won't change it back in V12).

Sah Vinay Mahabir India
12/4/18, 10:44 AM

How to add attachment?

What I have done till far is open debug mode and click on manage attachment and added a file but I cannot find the attached file.

Carlos A García Cuba
2/19/19, 7:26 PM

It helps me, thanks!

Dax1900 Netherlands
2/6/19, 8:07 AM

When you add an attachment via the "debug/manage attachment", it is not shown. Don't know why.

But if you first add an attachment via the "log" function, and then go to the "debug/manage attachment" menu, the attachment is shown.

Now there you can also delete the attachment.

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
1 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now