Open Source Stackoverflow Clone for your Forums & FAQ
Customize Odoo: the Quickstart Methodology
Upgrade V8: New features
CMS Technical Features
Technical training: Upgrade to v8
Integrate a Live Chat button in your website to talk with your visitors in real time
Multivariants Products and Attributes in v8
Advanced statistics and reporting (cube view, Google spreadsheet)
Odoo Mobile for Notes, Meetings and Messages
The new v8 bank statement reconciliation system
Asset management in Odoo V8
Location: Discovery / Foyer Royal - 6/4/14, 12:30 PM - 6/4/14, 12:49 PM (Europe/Brussels) (20 minutes)
Enhancements/changes made by Noviat to this module:
- Extra Time Method: Number of Years
- Extra Computation Method: Degressive-Linear
- Logic when using 'year' based calculation:
- The calculation takes into account fiscal year start/stop dates.
- Fiscal year start/stop dates can be different from calendar year start/stop dates.
- Also extended/shortened fiscal years are supported.
- Accounting entries are always posted at the last date of a Fiscal Year/Quarter/Month.
- The first entry will contain the Year-To-Date depreciation amount.
- The depreciation table is calculated in 2 steps:
- Step 1: calculate the amount for the fiscal years.
- Step 2: spread this amount over the fiscal year according to the selected depreciation period duration.
- Rounding deviations caused by the cost spreading over the firscal are compensated as follows:
- Year 1: compensation on the first depreciation date
- Others years: compensation on the last depreciation date of the fiscal year.
- Fiscal year dates and duration are not known yet at the time of asset purchase.
- The initial depreciation table calculation assumes undefined fiscal years to be equal to a calendar year.
- Fiscal year duration changes are automatically taken into account by recomputing the depreciation table when running the periodical asset posting wizard.
- Depreciation table recompute: the recompute will always start from the amount posted in the accounting entries.
- This amount may be different from the amount in the depreciation table lines (e.g. when the accountant has modified the journal entry associated with a depreciation line)
- Accounting entry corrections
- Negative depreciation amounts are correctly handled (e.g. to compensate for excessive depreciation in case of period duration change).
- Foreign currency support
- Purchases in foreign currency are converted to company currency using the exchange rate at the purchase date.
- The depreciation table is calculated in company currency.
- The 'Journal Entries' button now opens a list view of the 'Journal Entries'.
- The 'Journal Items' remain available via the 'Journal Items' link and the History tab.
- An extra button is added to the depreciation lines to facilitate the access to the accounting entry associated with a depreciation line.
- The Accounting Entry Reference field can be customised via the '_get_depreciation_entry_name' method.
- XLS reporting (this will not be a merge proposal but a separate module that we’ll publish before the community days.