Enhancements/changes made by Noviat to this module:
- Extra Time Method: Number of Years
- Extra Computation Method: Degressive-Linear
- Logic when using 'year' based calculation:
- The calculation takes into account fiscal year start/stop dates.
- Fiscal year start/stop dates can be different from calendar year start/stop dates.
- Also extended/shortened fiscal years are supported.
- Accounting entries are always posted at the last date of a Fiscal Year/Quarter/Month.
- The first entry will contain the Year-To-Date depreciation amount.
- The depreciation table is calculated in 2 steps:
- Step 1: calculate the amount for the fiscal years.
- Step 2: spread this amount over the fiscal year according to the selected depreciation period duration.
- Rounding deviations caused by the cost spreading over the firscal are compensated as follows:
- Year 1: compensation on the first depreciation date
- Others years: compensation on the last depreciation date of the fiscal year.
- Fiscal year dates and duration are not known yet at the time of asset purchase.
- The initial depreciation table calculation assumes undefined fiscal years to be equal to a calendar year.
- Fiscal year duration changes are automatically taken into account by recomputing the depreciation table when running the periodical asset posting wizard.
- Depreciation table recompute: the recompute will always start from the amount posted in the accounting entries.
- This amount may be different from the amount in the depreciation table lines (e.g. when the accountant has modified the journal entry associated with a depreciation line)
- Accounting entry corrections
- Negative depreciation amounts are correctly handled (e.g. to compensate for excessive depreciation in case of period duration change).
- Foreign currency support
- Purchases in foreign currency are converted to company currency using the exchange rate at the purchase date.
- The depreciation table is calculated in company currency.
- The 'Journal Entries' button now opens a list view of the 'Journal Entries'.
- The 'Journal Items' remain available via the 'Journal Items' link and the History tab.
- An extra button is added to the depreciation lines to facilitate the access to the accounting entry associated with a depreciation line.
- The Accounting Entry Reference field can be customised via the '_get_depreciation_entry_name' method.
- XLS reporting (this will not be a merge proposal but a separate module that we’ll publish before the community days.
Date & time