We switched to Odoo Payroll: Impact & Advice
What's New in Accounting?
Wynand Tastenhoye & Eva LombardoDone
What's New in eCommerce?
Opening Keynote - Unveiling Odoo 15
What's New in Discuss?
What's New in Website?
How to Build Beautiful Web Pages Like a Pro
Odoo Awards Ceremony
Amy Caroline DowningDone
Ask Me Anything (AMA) for Community
Keynote - Vision & Strategy
My name is Thomas Arbib, and I work as an Odoo consultant for Camptocamp (Gold partner) in the Paris office. I started with Odoo six years ago (first project on Odoo 8), and my main areas of expertise are accounting, sales management, marketing, and project management for service companies. I love working on international projects, as I speak French, English, and Chinese, and contributing to the OCA.
By selling physical products, you may increase your revenue by offering warranty extensions and renewals. As they usually last for an additional 12 or 24 months and are invoiced at order, you will most probably end up with revenue covering several periods.
- Sale of chemical equipment with a warranty of 12 months
- The deferred revenue is generated with draft journal entries
Combine the power of Subscriptions to follow the warranty extensions bought by your customers and deferred revenue models to integrate them into your accounting seamlessly.
- Creation of an account in the P&L for a 12-months warranty
- Creation of a deferred revenue model, triggering the generation of draft entries in your accounting
- A sales order for equipment and the 12-months warranty
- A subscription is created automatically
- Delivery of the equipment
- The order is fully invoiced
- When approaching the end of the warranty, the subscription becomes "to renew," giving a new sale opportunity
- Renew the warranty, and everything is linked to the same subscription