Odoo Ayuda

7 Answers

You will need to install watchdog to have auto reload option working. Watchdog is available on linux. So whenever you save changes to any of the files under watch, the server will be auto restarted.

e.g.  You can see here:

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/3303625/d6a4656e3d85fa5cd797e6efdfe23619

2 Comments
vivek
18/4/18 1:29

Thanks Devendran. Does it work for mac?

Devendra Kavthekar
18/4/18 1:33

Yes it works for Mac, you can see here: https://pythonhosted.org/watchdog/installation.html

Hi everyone, --dev reload work with enterprise?

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 10 7 11
Greater Los Angeles, Estados Unidos
--Ray Carnes--

Business Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0; Odoo 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0 and 12.0.

Completed Odoo Functional and Technical Training.

Functional Areas:

• CRM/Sales

• Inventory

• Manufacturing

• Accounting

• Purchasing

Major Skills:

• Business Process Reengineering

• Efficiency Consulting

• User Needs and GAP Analysis;

• Functional and Technical Design;

• Prototyping and Proof of Concepts;

• Requirements Specifications;

• Agile Implementation;

• Data Migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and code);

• Integration - Odoo and non Odoo Applications and Services;

• Training and Knowledge Transfer;

• Go Live Support;

• Helpdesk;

• Version Upgrades and Migration.

• Accounting Expert.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

I am a skilled Communicator and I only take the serious things seriously!

Ray Carnes
6/4/18 14:19

Python code is compiled, then interpreted.

Python automatically compiles your script to compiled code, a .pyc file, before running it.

When a NEW module is added and seen for the first time, or when the source is more recent than the current compiled file, a .pyc file containing the compiled code will be created in the same directory as the .py file.  This is why a new addon can be copied and installed without a restart.

After compilation, the sources files are not used by the Server.

Use the --dev reload option to automatically restart after changes WHILE DEVELOPING.

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/11.0/reference/cmdline.html

1 Comentario
vivek
7/4/18 9:26

Thanks Ray Carnes, but --dev reload option didn't help for me in pycharm. Can you please tell me what i miss? Am using mac by the way.

Ajepe Babatope
6/4/18 15:45

You do need to restart Odoo if you are working only with the Python files, and this is not only "Odooish" stuff, it's common to all python application Django, Flask, Pyramid etc.

To always be on the safer side, you can add this flag to your odoo startup command --dev=all, this will enable Odoo to keep watch on any changes made to python file(s), and reload the server by itself, but only works for python files, as for xml you may still need to restart.

Realizar una pregunta
Writer
Etiquetas
Keep Informed
1 seguidor(es)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our eLearning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, use cases and quizzes.

Test it now