I am working with a client that wants to set up a saas server. I wanted to clarify a couple things before I begun working on the project. I would like to prevent me and my client from infringement.
Here are the few questions I have. Please either confirm or correct me in my understanding of the Odoo license.
1. We(the community) are allowed to host a saas service and charge money for that saas service?
2. We are allowed to recreate Enterprise features so long as we can prove we did not copy Enterprise source code. Ex: creating a "marketing automation" module but it's core structure, xml, css, python etc are entirely different and this is provable. Pretty much I refuse to even look at Enterprise source code to prevent my code being influenced.
3. Do our custom modules have to be open source?
4. Although not recommended for update reasons, are we technically allowed to modify source code?
5. Are there any other stipulations my client and i, as the developer, should be aware of?