--Cyril Gaspard (GEM)--

| 6 6 10
Paris, Francia
--Cyril Gaspard (GEM)--

Forum contributor since 2008

Cyril Gaspard (GEM)
22/3/15 18:49

Hi,

odoo verify first in the product if income, expense accounts (and for stock input, output too) are defined, if not, verify in the category, if not in the 2 you have your error message.

And no, category doen't inherit of parent category, see the code :

def _choose_account_from_po_line(self, cr, uid, po_line, context=None):

fiscal_obj = self.pool.get('account.fiscal.position')

property_obj = self.pool.get('ir.property')

if po_line.product_id:

acc_id = po_line.product_id.property_account_expense.id

if not acc_id:

acc_id = po_line.product_id.categ_id.property_account_expense_categ.id

if not acc_id:

raise osv.except_osv(_('Error!'), _('Define an expense account for this product: "%s" (id:%d).') % (po_line.product_id.name, po_line.product_id.id,))

bye

2 Comments
Pascal Tremblay
22/3/15 19:00

Very nice from you to answer. Very interesting. I analyze and I come back.

Mudi Vand
25/3/15 3:14

Thanks both of you, Cyril and Pascal, for directing me to this post. So according to Cyril's answer, if I want the product categories to inherit their parent category's settings, I will have to do a code modification. Hmm. I am not good at that. :( Hope someone will provide a solution for this.

Realizar una pregunta
Writer
Keep Informed
2 seguidor(es)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our eLearning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, use cases and quizzes.

Test it now