This question has been flagged

I am attempting to get the enterprise version of Odoo working on my local Windows developer box and having difficulty:

Environment:

1. Windows 10

2. Python: 3.8.2

3. Version: 13.0

4. PostgreSQL: 12.x

---

In looking over the installation instructions, I would expect to see the following typical steps, but I don't.

1. some instruction to create a database (in Postgres terms of a database), like 'odoo' or something.

2. some instruction to run SQL scripts to create a set of tables and populate with 'provisional' data like 'types' etc that are minimally needed to get the application to run.

Am I missing something? or is this hidden somewhere?

Where are these steps done?

---

I am following these steps:

• https://www.odoo.com/documentation/13.0/setup/install.html#setup-install-source

Discard
Best Answer

In generic terms if you want to install from source what you would do is create an empty DB and create a user for it. Depending on whether the DB is on the system or not you'll have to add more or less parameters when running odoo-bin in regards to connecting to the DB. The first time you run odoo-bin add '-i all' as this will initialise the database. If you want it to initialise without default data then add '-i all --without-demo=all'

Note: above is derived from doing the same on Linux, not based on an actual Windows installation.

I agree the steps are missing from the installation procedure.

Discard

"-i all"

ooh my gosh. This is what I needed!!! For some reason, my database was suddenly empty even though 2 months ago it had all the demo data in it. Googling "initialize Odoo database" just sent me in circles for hours and hours and hours.

(And then email and password were both "admin", for other Googlers)

Best Answer

Hi:

On Windows 10, all you need to do is download the file (packaged installer) and run it. It will automatically create a user for postgres, install the database and odoo.

Use the instructions provided in this section:

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/13.0/setup/install.html#windows

Discard