This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I have recently installed Odoo (version 8) and it is operating as expected, however, I have made some minor custimizations such as adding fields and changing labels names, all of these changes were made through web access as an Administrator (Settings>Technical>Database Structure>Models>hr.employee) and editing the FormView (activating the developer mode); and eventhough these changes seem to be persistent (I have opened Odoo using different web browsers and restarted the Odoo service) I cannot find the changes I made in the python nor XML files; I was expecting to see the XML files to be updated with the new fields or new labels.

Is this normal or is there some kind of feature that I have to activate?

Discard
Author

Update: I upgraded the module hr.employee and as a result I lost all the customizations I had previously done.

Are the changes made through web access as Admin and editing the Formview not persistent??

Best Answer

Hi,

The changes you make to a view will be lost when you upgrade the module containing that view.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hi Mohammed Amal.

I understand and it is logic to lose the customizations done after a module is upgraded, but my original question is, why the changes made to the view, are not found on the physical files?

Discard