This question has been flagged
11 Replies

I have a situation where three companies need to share the same products. Each company has it's own procurement method for the product and it's own stock levels. I would like to avoid having to maintain three separate, almost identical, product lists.

An example:

For a product [A]

• Company 1 makes [A] from raw material
  • Company 2 buys [A] from Company 1 and uses it in manufacture.

The product is always the 'same' product (so should have same ID) but it can be used differently in different companies.

I have looked at product_multi_company, however this seems to be only for the prices.

How do I go about configuring this?

(OE v7, Ubuntu 12.04)

Discard

I'm also interested on see how this scenario can be ported to OpenERP, I'm confronting same issues here and I don't know what else to try.

+1 .. also interested.

@NicolasClavier, if you are interested on the subject, please upvote the question so other users can see it is important and maybe some of them can answer it

indeed )) old forum habits, sorry.

Hello all. If anyone has implemented this, I'd be curious to read the solution. I don't really need it for myself but I'm just curious so don't go out of your way if you're too busy to post. I'm sure it has to be a custom module especially since the Supply Method is a single entity and you can't have buy and manufacture on the same product. I would try to make the supply method field a many2one option so I can set both By and Manufacture, then when creating the SO from company 2 I would use the buy method and when manufacturing with Company 1 I would (obviously) use the manufacture method.

Best Answer

Hi,

you can read openerp documentation for multi company to know if it is what you need, see :

http://doc.openerp.com/v6.1/book/multi/index.html

Hope this will help and works.

Bye

Discard
Author

Thanks GEM, I looked at this but it seems to only generate stock movements and i need to have PO and SO between the companies. Essentially it needs to be as if they are completely separate entities, who just happen to have the same products.

Best Answer

Now, in Enterprise version 11. You can create multiple routes for your multiple companies. I also set up the same scenario where Company A will purchase Product A from Company B and Company B will manufacture it with MTO.

To set up this thing you can activate intercompany rules in Company form, inter-company tab. (Please note this feature is only available in Enterprise edition). This set up creates automatic Purchase Order/Sales Order for a Company B if you are creating Sales Order/ Purchase Order from Company A and selecting Company B as a partner.

After this set up you can set up you can set up multiple routes. I create following routes for each company

1. Buy for Company A

2. Buy for Company B

3. Manufacture for Company A

4. Manufacture for Company B

Setup you product and try creating Orders....!!

Done..!!!

Discard
Best Answer

Regarding stock you would just have to define a separate shop/warehouse/locations for each company This thread will help you with that:

http://help.openerp.com/question/16353/how-to-setup-multi-company-configuration-in-openerp-70/

As for separate procurement I also had this issue and managed to solve it with a simple script that I've whipped up in 5 minutes (hence it might not be that stable)

https://github.com/WizKeeD/shop_default_procurement

It is only partially tested on version 7, if I can help out a bit more with it please let me know

Good luck!

Discard
Best Answer

There is a new module that you can use to create a workflow for multi-company PO and SOs.

http://www.openerp.net.cn/new-intercompany-process-module/

Discard
Best Answer

To achieve this, the trick is on the property for each company i.e on the settings>parameters>configuration parameters. For each company make sure that you have defined it Income/Expense accounts property, Receivable and Payable accounts property etc. Then on the product do not set the Income/Expense accounts. Make sure that also on the Product category you have not defined the income and expense accounts. 

When you switch from company A to company B, openerp automatically selects the correct income/expense accounts using the property defined for that company. Properties are defined in the model ir.property. Remember to also define properties for ir.sequences. Hope this helps.

Discard