Odoo Hilfe

3 Answers

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 10 7 11
Greater Los Angeles, USA - Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika
--Ray Carnes--

Business Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0; Odoo 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0 and 12.0.

Completed Odoo Functional and Technical Training.

Functional Areas:

• CRM/Sales

• Inventory

• Manufacturing

• Accounting

• Purchasing

Major Skills:

• Business Process Reengineering

• Efficiency Consulting

• User Needs and GAP Analysis;

• Functional and Technical Design;

• Prototyping and Proof of Concepts;

• Requirements Specifications;

• Agile Implementation;

• Data Migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and code);

• Integration - Odoo and non Odoo Applications and Services;

• Training and Knowledge Transfer;

• Go Live Support;

• Helpdesk;

• Version Upgrades and Migration.

• Accounting Expert.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

I am a skilled Communicator and I only take the serious things seriously!

Ray Carnes
14.06.18, 14:17

What about this:

1. Add a Note in the Payment to indicate it was returned.

2. When reconciling the Bank Statement, apply the NSF charge to the Bank Fees account and the Payment Reversal to the same account it was debited to.

3. Add a Note in the Invoice to indicate it is being reissued, duplicate it and add another line to charge them for the NSF, either matching what the bank charged or more, using the account of your choice (my example below uses the same account I used for the bank charge).

Notes:

• Works if the payment is returned after the GL is locked

• GL correctly shows what happened

• AR Balance correct

• Bank Balance correct

• No Vendor Bill needed

• No Customization needed

• No clearing account needed

Bank Statement looks like this:

General Ledger looks like this:

Customer Statement looks like this:

Aged Receivable Report looks like this:

2 Comments
Murtada
14.06.18, 15:27

This alternative is fine and yes statements work as the default functionality, The criticality here is to keep the payment as bounced and create new payment without several clicks or notes.

Odoo, Ray Carnes
24.10.18, 16:27

CORRECTION: In Step 2, use AR as the account, not the Bank Account.

Murtada
12.06.18, 18:12

Hello Josh,

Thanks for your comment above.

We actually developed a feature the handle NSF and our clients are using them.. 

We came up with a simple solution to manage NSF and charge customers a fee due to NSF. More than the functionality, my concern was following proper accounting procedures interms of reversing payments, reopening the invoices and charging the customer fee. 

See my video and let me know if this helps. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_3mIlYOPKA&feature=youtu.be

Thank you,

Murtada 

Josh Warner
12.06.18, 15:27

I know it has been a while since you posted this question, but I just received a NSF check back from the bank and wondered if there was a better way to handle them then what I do.  I have not found anything better so I thought I would share with you what I found works.

1.  Make an invoice for the customer who's check bounced with a line item using a 'clearing account' for the total of the check plus any NSF bank fees, if applicable.

2. Make a vendor invoice from the bank for the same amount using the same 'clearing account' and pay that invoice with the same bank account the funds were removed from.

3. Scratch your head as to why there is no other way to do this...

If you have found any other way to handle an NSF check, please let me know as I would be interested to see how other people handle them

Fragen Sie
Writer
Keep Informed
1 Verfolger
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now