Need reorder max and min rules clarification
Testing the reordering rules for a product in Odoo 11, its straight forward, no kit or manufacturing involved.
1. Stock is 0
2. Create reordering rule min 100 and max 250 and lead time of 126 days for delivery from vendor
3. PO of 250pcs is created automatically based on reordering rule
4. Create SO with delivery 140 days from now for 100 pcs
5. Another PO is created by the reorder rule for another 100 pcs, putting my total stock to 350 for the period between 126 and 140 days and then to 250 again after 140 days.
6. Create SO with delivery of 500 pcs 390 days from now
7. Another PO is created by reorder rule for 500 pcs, putting my stock at 850 in 126 days, 600 in 140 days until delivery in 390 days.
This is not very intuitive to me, first I would expect that it would not create a PO until it hit the min rule threshold of 100.
Is this because my stock is 0 now?
Also I would've liked that the PO creation got delayed for the 500 pcs in 390 days until we get to the 126 days lead time. Is this possible with a setting change or de we need a source code modification? I do not like custom modifications because it complicates upgrades later.
Is there some logic here I do not understand or some setting I can use?