Ng Yuen Hoe Malaysien

--Ng Yuen Hoe--

| 5 2 5
Kajang, Malaysien
--Ng Yuen Hoe--

I provide implementation services

Ng Yuen Hoe Malaysien
10.09.19, 23:55

U can create a UOM called carton, where it contains 48 pieces of candles. In odoo, the reference unit should be piece. So the UOM (Carton) reference greater than the piece by 48
Then u create another UOM called box, where it contains 12 piece. In Odoo, you set it reference to piece. greater than the reference unit by 12.
During check stock, the warehouse people should have an instinct knowing that how many boxes left in the warehouse by looking at the report. e.g. left 1200 pieces, then there should be 120 boxes left in the warehouse

Ray Carnes USA - Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika

--Ray Carnes--
| 10 7 11
Greater Los Angeles, USA - Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika
--Ray Carnes--

Business Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0; Odoo 8.0, 9.0, 10.0, 11.0 and 12.0.

Completed Odoo Functional and Technical Training.

Functional Areas:

• CRM/Sales

• Inventory

• Manufacturing

• Accounting

• Purchasing

Major Skills:

• Business Process Reengineering

• Efficiency Consulting

• User Needs and GAP Analysis;

• Functional and Technical Design;

• Prototyping and Proof of Concepts;

• Requirements Specifications;

• Agile Implementation;

• Data Migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and code);

• Integration - Odoo and non Odoo Applications and Services;

• Training and Knowledge Transfer;

• Go Live Support;

• Helpdesk;

• Version Upgrades and Migration.

• Accounting Expert.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

I am a skilled Communicator and I only take the serious things seriously!

Ray Carnes USA - Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika
23.01.17, 21:34

1. Inventory --> Configuration --> Settings:

2. Inventory --> Inventory Control --> Products

Find your Candle and on the Inventory Tab, add a package:

3. Create your Sale Order with the popup for each line:

After which you will see:

4. I have not seen how to expose this in Point of Sale, but there - your customer brings you a box of 12, right? :)

See also https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/10.0/inventory/settings/products/usage.html

1 Kommentar
Luis Guzmán Mexiko
26.01.18, 13:06

Hi!, that's a cool way to avoid several confusing UoM. Is there a way to do the same for purchase? I believe this only applies to Sales. Am I missing something in between?

Jose USA - Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika
06.04.18, 06:21

Gregory, did you find a solution? Same problem here

Mareai Alawbathani Jemen
26.06.19, 23:13

Hello,
I Think this is an important subject, the Multi unit of Measure is not working properly in Odoo especially when it comes to the POS app which has very limited options in this regard. In the master product from I think we have to have the ability to choose the units of measures that we need for this product, the barcode(s) for each unit of measure, and finally the price for each UoM for the product, all of this should be connected to the POS app. I've tried to use a customized POS app to fix this issue the don't give a sold solution for the issue, I think this should be fixed by Odoo themselves.

First go to Sales settings and select(enable) Units of Measure : Some products may be sold/purchased in different unit of measures.  After that Sales configuration select Units of Measure and create additional unit of measure.

For example create Each as reference unit of measure for category unit and create Dozen(s) as additional unit of measure under category unit and type: Bigger than reference unit of measure and Bigger ratio : 12.00

1 Kommentar
A.T. Merhaut, Inc., Gregory Gillis USA - Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika
23.01.17, 08:50

We have this currently setup, however that sets the sales as only that Unit of Measure. We are able to sell the same item with 2 or 3 different unit of measures and need it programmed in that our users do not have to guess since it is inconsistent. If we put the UoM on the product as Each or Dozen, that is how it is sold. There is no way to switch on a sales order or in POS to say a customer is just getting Each, or a Dozen, or a case of several dozens.

Fragen Sie
Writer
Keep Informed
2 Verfolger
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now