In V10 you can set analytic tags. Where are the used. I can set them, but what can i do with it? I can't find it in reporting. Seems i can set a tag, but can not do anything with it. What do i miss?
Analytic Distribution is mainly used for dividing your expense/income among several analytic accounts in Odoo.
Ex: ABC company provides consultancy services for ERP system and wants to divide its income between 3 departments:
1. Analysis and Design - 50%
2. Coding and testing - 30%
3. Deployment/Delivering - 20%
You can easily configure this requirement in Odoo using Analytic Tags -> Analytic Distribution.
1. Create 3 analytic accounts:
- Analysis and Design,
- Coding and testing,
2. Make sure that the Analytic Group of these accounts is the client project's.
3. Configure Analytic Tags -> Distribe by adding these three analytic accounts with their respective part in percentage.
4. Add this analytic distribution at the time of encoding customer invoice line.
5. Now validate that invoice and check the "Analytic Account" in order to check the effect of Analytic Distribution.
Sorry for the late response; I will post here in case future searchers have the same question.
As far as I can tell - as of Odoo 10 - Analytic Tags are used only by various apps that people write. This might include any reports that you create for yourself or custom forms etc.
They are great conversation starters ;-)