Why cant I import any CSV data into OpenERP V7?
I would like to import some live data into OpenERP in order to properly evaluate it for our small business, I have built a local Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS server with OpenERP Version 7.0-20130729-231030 but am having problems importing any CSV data into any area of OpenERP.
Initially, I tried to import some customers using the native import function as follows;
- Tick the Allow users to import from CSV file box within Settings > General Settings
- Select the Sales tab and select customers
- Create a dummy customer with the fields that I wish to import populated
- Switch to list view, select the dummy customer and select Export from the More menu that appears.
- Leave the default options of Import-Compatible Export and CSVformat, select all of the fields that I (ultimately) wish to import and click Export To File.
- Copy and paste the data into I want into the exported CSV using LibreOffice (as suggested in another post to prevent problems that Excel may introduce).
- Click the Import link (next to the Create button)
- Use the dropdown boxes to select the appropriate field for each detected column (I was surprised that the fields were not automatically detected given that they were exported by OpernERP in the first place and another post which suggests that OpernERP V6 has that ability).
- Click the Import button
Despite numerous attempts with varying fields, each time I get the same error You must configure at least one field to import despite configuring numerous if not all fields.
Even when limiting the import to just the bare basic customer name, I got the same error message. Another article suggested that one should export the fields that appear blue in the export list as they are mandatory... (even though Receive Messages by Email seems a strange field to be mandatory) and ended up with this file;
"id","name","notification_email_send" "__export__.res_partner_17","Customer One","Incoming Emails and Discussions"
Once again it failed so, I tried to import the file that was output without touching it (I did delete the dummy record first) and again I get the same error message.
I have repeated most of this with the projects list and users list to no avail.
Thanks in advance!