I am testing OpenERP version 6.1 using a PostgreSQL 8.4 database with PostGIS 1.5 extensions installed. My database is spatially enabled (based on the template_postgis). I have successfully imported the Camptocamp excellent Geoengine Modules and was excited that I would be able to test drive it as I contemplate using it for research and training. Unfortunately, when I attempt to view the demo data I keep getting "uncaught exception: The key geo_edit_map,geo_point,field was not found" when I want to view the "Retail Machine" demo data. Trying to view the "Zip" demo gives "uncaught exception: The key geo_edit_map,geo_multi_polygon,field was not found". I also note that the geoengine view doesnot render its icon, and clicking on it gives "uncaught exception: The key geoengine was not found". I have installed the system under both Windows 7 and Ubuntu 14.04 and the results are exactly the same. The modules were downloaded as zipped files from Odoo apps page for the 6.1 version.
I may be wrong, but I suspect the problem maybe in how the static content from the geoengine module is getting registered with the rest of the system wide static content. I have checked and see a number of similar posts but I haven't seen a response to any of the issues. Please advise what I need to do with my installation to enjoy the power of geoengine in our training.