Cannot add or search products with barcode scanner in sales order or purchase order
I am facing a similar issue that is clearly explained in this bug report:
Hi. Im using OpenERP in my bussiness. Currently we have two point of sales . We identify the products by the barcode that i have stocked in the Reference filed. When selling products under Point of Sales > Orders i can search the products by the reference using the barcode scanner with no problem.
However trying to locate a product in the sales module > sales order or the purchase module > purchases order, using the barcode scanner gives always the first product in my list.
This seems to be because some kind of control character gets inserted, maybe because the scanner inputs the code very quicly.
In these modules i can search by the reference number if i type the reference number manually, also i can scan the code using the scanner to a text editor and then copy/paste it to openerp, in both cases openerp searches for the product correctly. But when i use the barcode scanner directly the barcode number does not input correctly, it is just erased. I have tried different type of barcode scanners. Also different browser (Opera, Chrome, Chromium, Iceweasel, Firefox both in linux and windows). This is a problem because in sales orders and purchase order the product barcode needs to be entered manually. This is annoying.
I can use the barcode scanner to search for products in the product field or anywhere else in Openerp. Also i have tried the barcode scanner in a plain text editor and the code gets scanned correctly.
I would be nice if the sales order and purchases order handle the barcode scanner in the same way as the orders in the point of sale module.
Im using the ocb-backports version, i have also tried with 7.0 upstream version both of them downloaded in february.
Maybe this is an issue of the Web interface