Allow users to set manually a quantity of items to display in a tree view
By default, in Odoo, user can display 80 / 200 / 500 / 2000 elements in a tree view. With that module, user can select a custom number of items to display;
- replace a select element by an input with datalist option. That allows to set a custom value, or to select an option. (same options as before: 80 / 200 / 500 / 2000 / unlimited);
- WARNING: 'Datalist' is a HTML5 tag; If your browser is not HTML5 compliant, the options will not be displayed (but it is possible for user to select manually a value); See browser Support: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_datalist.asp
- Sample for res.partner model with a limit of 3:
The display of the datalist input can be different depending of the browser.
- FireFox Display:
- Chrome Display:
Limits / Roadmap
- When pressing Esc key, it could be user friendly to return to the previous state (before editing the quantity).
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback here.
- Sylvain LE GAL (https://twitter.com/legalsylvain)
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit http://odoo-community.org.