Customizable unsubscription process on mass mailing emailsby Antiun Ingeniería S.L., Tecnativa, Odoo Community Association (OCA)
Customizable unsubscription process on mass mailing emails
With this module you can set a custom unsubscribe link appended at the bottom of mass mailing emails.
It also displays a beautiful and simple unsubscription form when somebody unsubscribes, to let you know why and let the user unsubscribe form another mailing lists at the same time; and then displays a beautiful and customizable goodbye message.
You can customize what reasons will be displayed to your unsubscriptors when they are going to unsubscribe. To do it:
- Go to Marketing > Configuration > Unsubscription Reasons.
- Create / edit / remove / sort as usual.
- If Details required is enabled, they will have to fill a text area to continue.
Once configured, just send mass mailings as usual.
If somebody gets unsubscribed, you will see logs about that under Marketing > Mass Mailing > Unsubscriptions.
Known issues / Roadmap
This needs tests.
This custom HTML is not translatable, so as a suggestion, you can define the same text in several languages in several lines.
<small>[EN] You can unsubscribe <a href="%(url)s">here</a></small><br/> <small>[ES] Puedes darte de baja <a href="%(url)s">aquí</a></small>
- If you use the website_multi module, you will probably find that the views are not visible by default.
- This module adds a security hash for mass mailing unsubscription URLs, which makes to not work anymore URLs of mass mailing messages sent before its installation. If you need backwards compatibility, disable this security feature by removing the mass_mailing.salt system parameter. To avoid breaking current installations, you will not get a salt if you are upgrading the addon. If you want a salt, create the above system parameter and assign a random value to it.
- Security should be patched upstream. Remove security features in the version where https://github.com/odoo/odoo/pull/12040 gets merged (if it does).
Bugs are tracked on GitHub Issues. In case of trouble, please check there if your issue has already been reported. If you spotted it first, help us smashing it by providing a detailed and welcomed feedback here.
This module is maintained by the OCA.
OCA, or the Odoo Community Association, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to support the collaborative development of Odoo features and promote its widespread use.
To contribute to this module, please visit https://odoo-community.org.
Please log in to comment on this module
- The author can leave a single reply to each comment.
- This section is meant to ask simple questions or leave a rating. Every report of a problem experienced while using the module should be addressed to the author directly (refer to the following point).
- If you want to start a discussion with the author, please use the developer contact information. They can usually be found in the description.
Hello, Is it compatible your extension with 9.0 community ver?