Multi-Company Financial Statements Moduleby Eric Caudal (email@example.com)
Multi-Company Financial Statements Module:
- This module adds the the following functionalities:
- Multi-Company Income Statement (with IFRS breakdown)
- Multi-Company Statement Of Financial Position (with IFRS breakdown)
- The following fields have been added to account_account_type table:
- level1: used for the 1st level accounting classification (IFRS/US-GAAP compliant account types).
- Asset Liability Equity Income Expense
- level2: 2nd level accounting classification (necessary mostly for Gross Profit report in Income Statement report) .
- Receivable Cash Inventory Other Current Assets Lands and Properties Accumulated Depreciations Intangible Assets Other Assets Payable Tax Payable Other Current Liabilities Equities
- current: this boolean is used to indicate current/non-current account status.
- current: has impact only in current year. non-current: has impact even beyond current year.
- operating: this boolean is used to indicate operating/non-operating account status.
- operating: related to core operations of the company. non-operating: not related to core operations of the company.
sequence: sorting field
Additional Financial Accounts setup to be done after module is implemented for correct reports. ACCOUNT TYPE
- Set up 'current' (default: True) flags for account only within the current period.
- Set up 'operating' (default: True) flags for account concerning usual company operations.
- Set up level 1 for correct IFRS account type split (Income/Expenses/Liabilities/assets/Equities).
- Set up level2 attributes if more split details are required.
- Set up the correct user_type (account_account_type).
- PLEASE NOTE:
- For Income Statement : the level2 attribute is used to calculate cumulative totals based on sequence numbers
- Signs on the reports are calculated based on the report_type field ("P&L / BS Category")
- An example of hierarchy is given for level 1 and level 2. Those levels can be amended in the menu Account Report Attribute.
MULTI-COMPANY REPORTING WIZARD PROCESS SUMMARY
- Choose the company and the periods for the report (Company must be a child of user's company)
- Allow to compare 2 periods.
- Allow to choose 5 custom levels for breakdown (level 1, level 2, user_type, operating and current)
- Allow to create reports with/without cumulative totals (needed anyway for Gross Profit report)
TO BE DONE
- Create a report allowing to print a Income Statement of a closed period based on the closing journal of a period.
- Create multi-company Accounting Budget and incorporate to reporting.
First Data loading is incorrect and must corrected through OpoenERP client or PGAdmin: - the parent company is assigned by default instead of the user's company - the existing user_type level 1 and level 2 are left without default value
Uninstall process can fail if some imported user_type are still assigned to accounts when the uninstall process is launch: so first change the user_type to a new value and launch uninstall process.