|Read description for||v 8.0 v 7.0|
• Project Management (project)
• Employee Directory (hr)
Concentrates all request forms in a single place. These can be broad Categories for Project Issues or forms from other modules, such as CRM Claims or HR Leave requests.
The items/categories available are defined in: Project -> Configuration -> Issue -> Categories.
Each one is representend by an icon and a description. When clicking on a Service Desk item, the module will find what Action should be executed. It this defition is found on it's form or on a parent, it will be used. If not, it an Action opening the Project Issue's default form will be used.
- When opening the Action, two variables are set in the "context":
- A default master Category (default_master_categ_id), the id for the selected Category.
- A default Service Team (default_section_id), from the selected Category or it's parent tree.
- For a quick start the module installs two Actions to be used here:
- "Issues": opens the standard Project Issue form.
- "New Incident": opens a showcase simple Issue form.
The showcase form demonstrates the usage of these two default values: the Issue's Category selection list is limited to the Service Desk category children, and the Service Team is automatically selected.