HR Utilization Reportby ACSONE SA/NV
HR Utilization Report
A module to produce a Utilization Table report.
A Utilization Table summarizes how employees spent time over a given period and categories, as a percentage of the employee's full time schedule.
Each row correspond to an employee, and each column is a category. Categories are fully configurable and typically have names such Billable, Sales, Holidays, Sick, etc. A category is defined as a set of analytic accounts, including their children accounts.
The report can also compute the number of full-time equivalent were active in your company over any given period.
The hours used for the report come from timesheet lines, so it is of course a prerequisite to have complete timesheets in order to produce meaningful reports.
- Follow the following steps to prepare and configure a report:
- for each employee you want to include in the report, you need to have a Contract defined if Human Resources > Employees and associate a Working Time in the Working Schedule field (hours of employees with no contract or contract without a working schedule are printed in a separate section of the report);
- in Settings > Companies, set the Working Time corresponding to a Full Time schedule on your company in the configuration tab;
- in Settings > Customization > Low Level Objects > Resource, associate Resource Leaves corresponding to public holidays and other days your company is closed and associate these leaves to each Working Time;
- in Human Resources > Configuration > Utilization, create columns (such as Billable, Sick, Holidays, etc) and link each column to the corresponding analytic accounts; children analytic accounts are included automatically, so if for instance your Billable projects are all under the same analytic account, you only need to include one;
- in Human Resources > Configuration > Utilization, create a configuration listing all columns you want in your report; tick the 'With Full-time Equivalent Column' checkbox if you need the report to compute how many FTE you have over the period.
You can then run the report from Human Resources > Reporting > Utilization Report, by selecting the configuration and the time period.
- all analytic lines corresponding to timesheet lines must be in an analytic journal with code TS (which is the OpenErp default);
- the module currently assumes all timesheet lines quantities are in hours and does not attempt to verify if this assumption is valid.
The report is a webkit report. CSS and mako template are largely inspired by c2c financial reports.