Generic Requestby Center of Research and Development
Generic Request is an application developed by the Center of Research & Development company.
It represents incident management system and perfect fits the companies that provide incident management process.
The Generic Request application is designed to be the single channel for submitting all the events that prevent normal workflow.
The main idea:
- Administrator configures request settings (categories, types, services, etc.).
- User provides all information about incident by filling necessary fields and creates request.
- Submitted requests step by step follow the route defined in request type until resolved.
- On each request stage, various activities may be planned and responsible persons can be assigned.
- Request operators are always keep in touch with the users while handling the requests.
- All incidents are documented and tracked. Reports generated while managing the incidents allow defining the problem areas and create the ways for their preventing.
- Automatic Routes
- Dynamic Workflow
- Service Level Agreements
- Related Requests
- Reopen Requests
- Services (use in requests)
- Resources (use in requests)
- Approvements (as subrequests)
- Request Priority
- Custom Fields (string only)
You can customize requests structure depending on the installed modules:
Most of these features require additional installation!
A simple workflow process with requests
Set up types, categories, stage types of requests
Request creating by the user
Request's dynamic workflow
Handle the request stages, assign responsible persons
Keep in touch with the user
Manage activities from the Activity View (only works in Odoo version 12)
Manage requests from the kanban view
Read the Generic Request module guide for more information.
The Generic Request module is part of the Bureaucrat ITSM project. You can try it by the references below.
Note: There is an Odoo bug that raises an error on the diagram view. It appears when the diagram object has 2 fields (one2many + many2one) that points to related nodes.
To fix the diagram view:
- Website Service Desk - provides website interface for service desk
- Generic Request (Actions) - assign actions that will be performed when the request moves along the route
- Generic Request (Conditional Actions) - make actions conditional
- Generic Request (Action Project) - project tasks can be created using automated actions
- Generic Request (Action Subrequest) - subrequests can be created using automated actions
- Generic Request (Conditions) - use conditions while working with requests
- Generic Request Field - additional information fields to be configured for specific request types
- Generic Request Field Service - when setting up additional data fields in requests, you can specify for which service to use them
- Generic Request Kind - additional classification by kind of request
- Generic Request (mail integration) - create requests using incoming emails
- Generic Request (mail integration + tags) - use tags when creating requests by email
- Generic Request Mail (Service) - allows you to select services when creating requests by email
- Generic Request Parent - adds a parent/child relationship to requests; create subrequests
- Generic Request Priority - provides the ability to add priority to each request
- Generic Request Project - link requests with project tasks
- Generic Request Related Document - link any Odoo documents with requests
- Generic Request Related Requests - establish links between requests
- Generic Request Reopen As - reopen closed requests with a new type of request
- Generic Request (Auto route) - automation addon; requests can be moved automatically between stages under certain conditions (by the trigger)
- Generic Request Route Auto Project - request can automatically move to the next stage when the task's stage is changed
- Generic Request (Auto route subrequest) - request can automatically navigate to the next stage when the sub-request's stage is changed
- Generic Request Service - allows to use services in requests
- Generic Request SLA - use Service Level Agreement when dealing with requests
- Generic Request SLA: Log - log and report events that occur with requests
- Generic Request SLA (Service) - allows you to specify different SLA limit and warn times per service
- Generic Request (Tags) - use tags while working with requests
- Website Service Desk (Field) - adds custom fields (string) on website UI
- Website Service Desk (Field + Service) - if this module is installed, only fields that have no related services or related service is equal to selected service will be shown
- Website Service Desk (Request Kind) - adds additional requests classification by kind. On a website, you can add a new filter to sort requests by created kinds.
- Website Service Desk (Service) - allows to use services on website
- Website Service Desk (Subrequests) - adds links between parent and child requests on website
- Website Service Desk (Tag) - use tags in requests on website
- Generic Assignment - create and use custom assign policies and rules
- Generic Assignment HR - additional HR related options for assignments
- Generic Assignment Project - additional assignment options related to project and task
- Generic Request Assignment - use custom assignment policies and rules when processing requests
- Generic Request Action Assignment - use assignments in request actions
- Generic Request (Action Subrequest Assignment) - you can select an assignment policy for the subrequest that will be created by automated action
- Generic Request (Service) - adds service management and service requests to the system
- Website Service Desk (Service) - adds service requests on website
- Generic Request (mail service) - allows you to select services when creating requests by email
- Generic Request Field Service - when setting up additional data fields in requests, you can specify for which service to use them
- Website Service Desk (Field + Service) - on the website, custom fields will be displayed depending on a service
- Generic Request SLA (Service) - different SLA limits and warning times per service
- Generic team - team management
- Generic team tag - tags for teams and team members
You may also be interested in our Helpdesk bundles
Our Service Desk bundles
Launch your own ITSM system in 60 seconds:
Create your own Bureaucrat ITSM database
This module is maintained by the Center of Research & Development company.
We can provide you further Odoo Support, Odoo implementation, Odoo customization, Odoo 3rd Party development and integration software, consulting services. Our main goal is to provide the best quality product for you.
Odoo Proprietary License v1.0 This software and associated files (the "Software") may only be used (executed, modified, executed after modifications) if you have purchased a valid license from the authors, typically via Odoo Apps, or if you have received a written agreement from the authors of the Software (see the COPYRIGHT file). You may develop Odoo modules that use the Software as a library (typically by depending on it, importing it and using its resources), but without copying any source code or material from the Software. You may distribute those modules under the license of your choice, provided that this license is compatible with the terms of the Odoo Proprietary License (For example: LGPL, MIT, or proprietary licenses similar to this one). It is forbidden to publish, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Software or modified copies of the Software. The above copyright notice and this permission notice must be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Please log in to comment on this module
It works perfectly
Thanks for the reply. It works perfectly. Very good App. Appreciated.
Tried to install but no success
The style compilation failed, see the error below. Your recent actions may be the cause, please try reverting the changes you made. Could not execute command 'lessc'This error occured while compiling the bundle 'web.assets_backend' containing: - /web/static/lib/bootstrap/scss/_functions.scss - /web/static/lib/bootstrap/scss/_mixins.scss - /web/static/src/scss/utils.scss - /web/static/src/scss/bs_mixins_overrides.scss - /web/static/src/scss/primary_variables.scss - /web_editor/static/src/scss/web_editor.variables.scss - /mail/static/src/scss/variables.scss - /portal/static/src/scss/primary_variables.scss - /website/static/src/scss/primary_variables.scss - /website/static/src/scss/options/colors/user_color_palette.scss - /website/static/src/scss/options/colors/user_theme_color_palette.scss - /website_blog/static/src/scss/primary_variables.scss - /web/static/src/scss/secondary_variables.scss - /website/static/src/scss/secondary_variables.scss - /hr_org_chart/static/src/scss/variables.scss - /account/static/src/scss/variables.scss - /web/static/src/scss/bootstrap_overridden.scss - /web_editor/static/src/scss/bootstrap_overridden.scss - /web/static/src/scss/import_bootstrap_part1.scss - /web/static/src/scss/bs_mixins_overrides.scss - /web/static/src/scss/import_bootstrap_part2.scss - /web/static/src/scss/bootstrap_review.scss - /web/static/src/scss/webclient_extra.scss - /web/static/src/scss/webclient_layout.scss - /web/static/src/scss/webclient.scss - /web/static/src/scss/domain_selector.scss - /web/static/src/scss/model_field_selector.scss - /web/static/src/scss/progress_bar.scss - /web/static/src/scss/dropdown.scss - /web/static/src/scss/dropdown_extra.scss - /web/static/src/scss/tooltip.scss - /web/static/src/scss/debug_manager.scss - /web/static/src/scss/control_panel.scss - /web/static/src/scss/fields.scss - /web/static/src/scss/fields_extra.scss - /web/static/src/scss/views.scss - /web/static/src/scss/pivot_view.scss - /web/static/src/scss/graph_view.scss - /web/static/src/scss/form_view.scss - /web/static/src/scss/form_view_extra.scss - /web/static/src/scss/list_view.scss - /web/static/src/scss/list_view_extra.scss - /web/static/src/scss/kanban_dashboard.scss - /web/static/src/scss/kanban_examples_dialog.scss - /web/static/src/scss/kanban_column_progressbar.scss - /web/static/src/scss/kanban_view.scss - /web/static/src/scss/kanban_view_mobile.scss - /web/static/src/scss/web_calendar.scss - /web/static/src/scss/search_view.scss - /web/static/src/scss/search_view_mobile.scss - /web/static/src/scss/dropdown_menu.scss - /web/static/src/scss/search_view_extra.scss - /web/static/src/scss/data_export.scss - /base/static/src/scss/onboarding.scss - /web/static/src/scss/base_settings.scss - /web/static/src/scss/report_backend.scss - /base_import/static/src/scss/base_import.scss - /web_diagram/static/src/scss/diagram_view.scss - /web_editor/static/src/scss/web_editor.common.scss - /web_editor/static/src/scss/web_editor.backend.scss - /mail/static/src/scss/announcement.scss - /mail/static/src/scss/discuss.scss - /mail/static/src/scss/abstract_thread_window.scss - /mail/static/src/scss/thread_window.scss - /mail/static/src/scss/composer.scss - /mail/static/src/scss/chatter.scss - /mail/static/src/scss/followers.scss - /mail/static/src/scss/thread.scss - /mail/static/src/scss/systray.scss - /mail/static/src/scss/mail_activity.scss - /mail/static/src/scss/activity_view.scss - /mail/static/src/scss/kanban_view.scss - /mail/static/src/scss/attachment_box.scss - /hr/static/src/scss/hr.scss - /partner_autocomplete/static/src/scss/partner_autocomplete.scss - /calendar/static/src/scss/calendar.scss - /hr_holidays/static/scss/hr_leave_mobile.scss - /hr_attendance/static/src/scss/hr_attendance.scss - /account/static/src/scss/account_reconciliation.scss - /account/static/src/scss/account_journal_dashboard.scss - /account/static/src/scss/account_dashboard.scss - /account/static/src/scss/section_and_note_backend.scss - /payment/static/src/scss/payment_acquirer.scss - /website/static/src/scss/website.backend.scss - /website_theme_install/static/src/scss/website_theme_install.scss - /project/static/src/scss/project_dashboard.scss - /note/static/src/scss/note.scss - /sales_team/static/src/scss/sales_team_dashboard.scss - /hr_recruitment/static/src/scss/hr_job.scss - /sale/static/src/scss/sale_onboarding.scss - /sale/static/src/scss/product_configurator.scss - /stock/static/src/scss/stock_traceability_report.scss - /event/static/src/scss/event.scss - /mass_mailing/static/src/scss/mass_mailing.scss - /maintenance/static/src/scss/maintenance_team_dashboard.scss - /hr_org_chart/static/src/scss/hr_org_chart.scss - /board/static/src/scss/dashboard.scss - /generic_request/static/src/less/request_kanban.less - /generic_request/static/src/less/request_dashboard_kanban.less - /generic_request/static/src/less/request_settings.less - /web_settings_dashboard/static/src/scss/dashboard.scss
Re: Tried to install but no success
Hello! Thanks for reporing this issue. It seems that your Odoo installation have no 'lessc' compiler installed. You need to install nodejs on your system and then install 'less' compiler via 'npm install -g less' Starting from Odoo 12.0 default style compiler is 'sass', but 'less' compiler is supported too. Our addons currently uses 'less' compiler, because it is compatible with both 12.0 and 11.0