POS Debt & Credit notebook
Comfortable sales for your regular customers
The module allows to make sale on credit in a single click. You do not need to take money from a customer each time. You'll be able to offer your customer make prepayment or pay periodically, e.g. once in a month. It's a good solution for small shops with regular customers.
Also, the customer is able to pay some part by cash and the rest by debt.
Or the customer can ask credit change to his account.
To make repayment of a debt create payment of another type, e.g. cash. This payment should be more than total amount of current order (also, you can use dummy zero price product). After this click on debt button and validate. Now difference between payment and total is amount of returned money
It's implemented as follows. Addon create payment method (Debt journal). When customer buy on credit, he give "debt" to cashier, which can be considered as some kind of money. This virtual money (debts) is accounted just like usual money. But when customer pay debts, this virtual money (debts) are moved from debt account to cash (or bank) account
So, positive amount of debts (debit) means that customer have to pay. Negative amount of debts (credit) means that customer overpay his debts and can take instead some product or take back that money.
Customer Debt/Credit History
See all client debt/credit history from POS interface directly.
Reports. Age Analysis.
Need our service?
Debt/Credit notebook for POS
If you have open POS session after install the module close it and open new one. After this a debt payment method will appear in the POS.
- open POS
- add usual products
- select Customer
- on payment screen use "Debt Journal" to pay
- Instead of using Debt Journal, customer can purchase Credits via Credit Products
- When you create Credit product, don't forget to set Credit Product field
- Credit products can be sold via POS and via invoices (including eCommerce). The later requires another module to notify POS about eCommerce sales, otherwise POS will get updates about invoices only after POS reloading.
- Note. Taxes on purchasing Credit Products are not supported. Taxes are applied on purchasings normal products.
Manual Credit Updates
It can be used for different purposes:
- to setup initial debt / credit values
- for periodic import from another system
- to remove test debts
To use it
- open Point of sale >> Configuration >> Manual Credit Updates
- create record or import csv, Excel file
Group of partner from the same Company can be handling together.
- Open wizard via Invoicing >> Sales >> Generate POS Credits Invoices
- Specify Company
- Select Credit Product (create one if needed)
- Select Payment Type -- way to compute Credits to Add for each employee
- At employee list you can see Current Credits and checkedit Credits to Add
- Click [Generate]
- Open Invoicing >> Sales >> Customer Invoices
- Select Invoices for the same company
- Click [Action] -> Confirm Draft Invoices
- Click [Action] -> Register Payment
- Now Credits for employees are updated
Nothing special is needed to uninstall this module. Debt data are still available after you re-install the module.